TV Series

Finished TWD Daryl Dixon, not sure I’ll hack the second series if it’s all just about Carol though. Now on final episode of Dead City. Forgot how good Negan is.
I loved The Walking Dead. Despite its ups and downs in terms of pace at times, I thought it was a really good show. I’ve watched Fear The Walking Dead all bar the last season, and I watched the two-season thing with the kids - both were well patchy. Re: these latest spin offs though…

The Rick and Michonne one was good IMO. Dead City wasn’t bad either, but Daryl Dixon just reeks of a ‘vehicle’ for one of the franchise’s most popular characters. Once they’ve done the second season of those last two, they probably need to call it a day.

I loved The Walking Dead. Despite its ups and downs in terms of pace at times, I thought it was a really good show. I’ve watched Fear The Walking Dead all bar the last season, and I watched the two-season thing with the kids - both were well patchy. Re: these latest spin offs though…

The Rick and Michonne one was good IMO. Dead City wasn’t bad either, but Daryl Dixon just reeks of a ‘vehicle’ for one of the franchise’s most popular characters. Once they’ve done the second season of those last two, they probably need to call it a day.
I thought Negan saved Dead City really, JDM really is a great actor and plays the character so well. Part of the reason why the back end of TWD stands up.

Got through Dixon quite quickly but I do agree. Trying to force a story out of Daryl and Carol.

I was disappointed in the Rick one to be honest.
The big build up of the commonwealth dealt with in a handful of episodes was a let down.

The teenager one was fine for what it was, aimed at teenagers.

FTWD was great until about season 4/5. The last few seasons were appalling.

What I’m enjoying, is seeing the varying attempts to “update” the zombies and make them scarier. Essentially, they should have kept them as they were in series 1.

I thought Negan saved Dead City really, JDM really is a great actor and plays the character so well. Part of the reason why the back end of TWD stands up.

Got through Dixon quite quickly but I do agree. Trying to force a story out of Daryl and Carol.

I was disappointed in the Rick one to be honest.
The big build up of the commonwealth dealt with in a handful of episodes was a let down.

The teenager one was fine for what it was, aimed at teenagers.

FTWD was great until about season 4/5. The last few seasons were appalling.

What I’m enjoying, is seeing the varying attempts to “update” the zombies and make them scarier. Essentially, they should have kept them as they were in series 1.
Yep, nicely summed up! Much as I love a good zombie series, and TWD has been my favourite, they are starting to look like milking it though. I can see the potential in a second season of Dead Cities, but Daryl Dixon is going to need to be very good, and to properly explain how and why he got all the way to Europe.

I’ve been rewatching TWD and I’m towards the end of S7. Negan doing his thing, and ‘all out war’ building up. Great telly IMO.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back