Two minute silence - Act of Remembrance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never forget.
allgavesome-01-M.jpg

Fair play, but honestly all this 'two' minute stuff just annoys me, like inflation has happend on showing respect these days, in 50 years time we will be up to about 6-7 mins of silence or clapping or whatnot no doubt. What the hell was ever wrong with 1 minute like?

Grumpy old man out
Oh look. Stevon is being negative again.

Quelle suprise :mad:

It started out in 1919 as two minutes.

I know the origin of it mate, was talking on a more general note of how it has spread into other things (2 minutes) or the clapping instead of it etc.

Anyway was just moaning in general as it's become so widespread these days that it dillutes those things that truly matter (and should be remembered/honoured)

Fair play, but honestly all this 'two' minute stuff just annoys me, like inflation has happend on showing respect these days, in 50 years time we will be up to about 6-7 mins of silence or clapping or whatnot no doubt. What the hell was ever wrong with 1 minute like?

Grumpy old man out
Neg Rep required.........

Neg Rep required.........

Just my opinion mate, was talking about the wider point of silences, clapping and multi minute silences, black armbands being worn etc as i clarified in a post further down, certain things are deserving of a show of respect by people and the fashion these days of doing it for everything and his dog in my opinion takes away from those things worthy of them.

Won't get into the politics of the matter and the fact that every rag tomorrow will lead with a picture of the prime minister etc laying there wreath - which is hypocrisy of the highest order or the fact that whilst we rmember those fallen (and those who returned) it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to those who send in the next group of serviceman (and women) who get sent into god knows where for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.