upcoming films

I don’t know if Deadpool 2 counts also as MCU but Josh Brolin has technically been 2 characters.
Yh, watched this last night and was thinking aobut that. The only real significant case of an actor playing 2 characters in the MCU (pre-Cap Am, Thor, Iron Man doesn't count), now that Deadpool has been tying in X-Men characters and got co-starred Wolverine. Think it would be lols if they just did loads of them in the Deadpool series - Chris Evans back again as an antangonist?

Yh, watched this last night and was thinking aobut that. The only real significant case of an actor playing 2 characters in the MCU (pre-Cap Am, Thor, Iron Man doesn't count), now that Deadpool has been tying in X-Men characters and got co-starred Wolverine. Think it would be lols if they just did loads of them in the Deadpool series - Chris Evans back again as an antangonist?

I'm quietly confident a lot of people like Evan's Captain America will return in one, or both, Avengers films. At least Secret Wars.

What's your opinion on them using the multiverse theory to tie all 3 of the Spiderman storylines together? 🤔

Or when they used Professor X's telepathic ability to link modern day Wolverne with the the past Wolverine?

I also think it's a bit sloppy. But it's all about making the big bucks mate...

That's why they cast Ryan Renyolds as Deadpool, hoping that no one remembers he already played a character in the Marvel universe.

Remember Blade III? 🤯
Deadpool is different as Ryan Reynolds released his own teaser trailer that went massively viral and basically forced Fox's hand to make it. Without that they'd have probably just left it as the awful version from Origins Wolverine. And with a character like that you can do it with all the breaking the 4th wall and meta comedic stuff.

This is the main hero in the whole foundation of the MCU now playing one of Marvel's biggest villains. Anyway, let's see how it plays out. Just think it's stupid personally.

What's your opinion on them using the multiverse theory to tie all 3 of the Spiderman storylines together? 🤔

Or when they used Professor X's telepathic ability to link modern day Wolverne with the the past Wolverine?
I don't have one as I don't follow it that closely tbf. I haven't even seen all the "main" MCU films, let alone all the later/side ones, Spiderman films etc.

I don't have one as I don't follow it that closely tbf. I haven't even seen all the "main" MCU films, let alone all the later/side ones, Spiderman films etc.
Well, at first I thought it was a good idea to use it as a plot device to tie up all the loose ends... You know, using different actors to play the same character.

But now EVERYBODY is using it as a plot device, DC et al. And to me, it's just coming off as lazy script writing. My two cents anyway. 🤷‍♂️

Well, at first I thought it was a good idea to use it as a plot device to tie up all the loose ends... You know, using different actors to play the same character.

But now EVERYBODY is using it as a plot device, DC et al. And to me, it's just coming off as lazy script writing. My two cents anyway. 🤷‍♂️
I think using the multiverse has been both a blessing and a curse. It allows for some really cool moments like in the last Spider-Man film. And the latest Deadpool film.

But it also kind of takes away from the drama when you know they can just bring any character back even if they die. And as you say it leads to lazy storytelling as you basically have a get out of jail free card.

I think using the multiverse has been both a blessing and a curse. It allows for some really cool moments like in the last Spider-Man film. And the latest Deadpool film.

But it also kind of takes away from the drama when you know they can just bring any character back even if they die. And as you say it leads to lazy storytelling as you basically have a get out of jail free card.
And it opens the door to ALL kinds of possibilities... Both good and bad.

Who's to say that one day in the near future, being that Disney own both the Marvel and Star Wars franchises, and I'm not saying that it would ever happen beacause hopefully taste and class both remain as paramount tenets to the quality of product that Disney want to produce, but maybe one day as a quick cash grab: Universes cross over and there's a scene were Darth Vader is using the force to fight off The Hulk. 😳

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back