Upson B4 Lescott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I was very surprised that he was picked for the squad much less the starting 11.

Just goes to show that playing for one of the "big three" will get you a look in, warranted or not.

And even Ashley Cole before Lescott, if he's been watching games then he hasn't watched any Everton games. Typical big 4 mentality again.

Haha...ESPN Gamecast stated:

"Another give away by soon to be ex-England player Wes Brown."

Sounds like he hasn't started off too well.
Ha! Great quote - I can imagine it in full blown "American broadcaster" voice :D

I'm only half watching it really, it's a bit crap. The crowd agreed because they were booing - so England suddenly start playing, get a goal then just went straight back to being crap again til half time.

It's a bit leftfield, but I think England play worse because of the England Team Band - they create crowd noise when there really shouldn't be any - I think a deathly quiet stadium when England are playing bad would keep more of them on their toes during games - they'd realise it's up to them to make the crowd noise.

The [Poor language removed] will be upset to see that as he's really their only dangerous player (to other teams) up front.

Well lets say Upson got MOTM is a West Ham game and Lescott was the outstanding performer in an Everton game - Capello will undoubtedly hear more about the Upson performance with him living in London.

Thats the way I've always thought anyway.

I am sure Lescott would play next time, one things good for us he got to train with the England squad, but got his rest since he didn't have to play and he would be fresh for us against Reading.

Mixed feelings on one hand I am annoyed that the stupid pillock could ignore Lescott but I am also happy for him to rest for our game as for Torres lets hope its nothing trivial:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back