Van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP is having a laugh isn't he?!

Van De beek downed tools as soon as he heard Ten Hag was turning up to manage him again. Pulled out of West Ham game with some minor injury which took over a month to get fit and by then Frank had given up on him and turned to Delph of all players (which was a gamble that paid off). Then when Delphy got his 100th injury he played Gomes instead (which didn't quite work that well but club got away with it).

My abiding memory of him is being behind the bench with the other injured players against Brentford. Likes of Townsend and Mina were at least watching the match, he was staring at his phone.

Garner is much more the type of signing who could develop into a really good player within 18 months. Signing likes of Van De Beek will just have club heading back to bottom 3.

To me it just goes against everything we're doing now. Under Lampard and Thelwell we've selected transfer targets that are warriors and full of character, just don't see it with this one.

Plus we don't have much luck with the Dutch. Thankfully this isn't even a rumour.

Compare DVB to Tarkowski.

Tarks at end of last season picked up an injury near the end. He knew he was leaving on a free and I'm sure if Burnley were safe that would've been his last game. According to Jackson at the time he came back for the midweek Villa game half fit but still wanted to play that game and the final one v Newcastle to do all he could to keep up a club he'd represented for 9 years.

You're more likely to move up the prem table again with Tarkowski in the trenches than Donny fecking Van de Beek.

Technically very good yet has physicality of a big cross dresser blouse. Well suited for Turkey UaE etc where he can be the super star.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.