VDM and Da Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth?

Hopefully not. Personally I would cash in on them. At best worth 1m.

I watched Da Silva in pre-season and I was very disappointed. Ok, I didn't expect Dunga, but I expected more than what I saw.

As for VDM, its getting tiresome just thinking about him playing for Everton. Quite possibly the worse signing we have ever made.

would've thought Da Silva should be offered to Barnsley, they really rate him there and its clear that Moyes doesn't could definitely pick up atleast 750k for him from them.

Bruce you seem to like Da Silva, he pops up in a lot of your posts do you think he should be given a chance?m How do you rate him. Personally i havnt seen much of him to be a fair judge.

Id love to see ADVM go if he hasnt made the first team in three season hes not going to, for me particularly this season has shown he hasnt a future at Everton not being involved at all despite the amount of games we have played already. If im honest i was excited when he signed, but watching him play he never impressed me hugely.

I havn't seen anything of him to be honest, it just seems a bit strange to me because he's reasonably experienced and Moyes went to so much effort to bring him here. We are all suggesting that a long term replacement for Carsley is required, I guess I'd just like it if he was it. It doesn't appear likely from the limited game time Moyes has given him.

Why did Moyes sign him though? It's one thing signing him cold so to speak but he had the year playing for Malaga (?) as well. That's a pretty long trial period, and still Moyes offered him a contract.

Yeah but he hadn't played in the English game. He has done and Moyes doesn't think he would improve his eleven, so he loaned him out.

Maybe. I guess I just hoped that the loan spell was to acclimatise him to English football and we could make use of him in the second half of the season. We're not exactly flush with experienced midfielders are we.

Of course he is :) He's 25 years old, and according to the OS he played 68 times for Racing Santander alone (scoring 11 goals). Add in the games he played for Malaga plus any he played for his clubs in South America and it's reasonable to assume he has well over 100 top flight games under his belt.

Yes but he's not experienced enough for the Premier League. Its a different animal. Look at Veron, world class in Italy, compete waste of space in the Premiers League.

Da Silva didn't look too bad against MLS side RSL in preseason but I don't see him cracking our first team.

As for VDM, I'm assuming that he's training everyday with the first team. Just curious why Moyes wouldn't just go ahead and sever his contract, pay him off a pro rated amount, and let him try and hook on with another team.

They both piss me off no end. We went through all that hassle to buy Da Silva, and...he's never gonna [Poor language removed]' play. [Poor language removed] him off, get a fee for him FFS! And Shandy, don't even get me started on that ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back