Vertonghen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can get him for maybe 8m then I say go for it. He's a very reliable defender but he's at his best (and plays for Belgium) as a defensive midfielder, he can be dirty, he'll go all the way and he pitches in with goals now and then, mostly headers though he's been known to get quite some good ones from open play. 22 and he was talent of the year voted by ajax in 07/08.

He's awesome and can organize a defence well but i wouldnt be ready to pay more than 8m for him.

[video=youtube;IeKIxAVDF7I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeKIxAVDF7I[/video]

All well and good going in for a defender/defensive midfielder.....but I think we've got enough of them, especially if this lad's worth £8mill.

Heitinga smacked Vertonghen and he was still standing so he can't be too bad !

Thank god we are being linked with defensive players, i was beginging to worry clearly are problem lies in conceadeing to many and not being solid rather then anything else.

Give us the lowdown Dutch?

Thats a matter of opinion, Senderos is loan and hes an option - but ill be honest i want him to stay - i rate him highly. Yobo should be kept although he hasnt reached top billing this season he and Jags are capable of keeping 15-20 clean sheets a season. All roads lead to Distin and probably the least line of resistence for me - i dont think hes as bad as many make out some of his errors have been poor and have had an impact at vital parts of how are season has panned out, in terms of decison making, red cards and conceadeing penalties. As for Jonny H i think he offers us great balance in the midfeild and is a usefull outlet that makes hoofball look sexy - so i wouldnt mind seeing him stay there.

If i had to choose prob Distin we should be starting next season with 4 centre backs.

Theres a case to made to start Yobo and Jags for me - in the next few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.