Very interesting article on how Everton's Secret Finch Farm room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wishing to be critical .
But was our record of picking up young players for small money in recent years that became top quality players in time really that good ? is it better than other teams ? I am not sure it is any better than other teams in our situation,maybe even worse.

Most of our better players that were signed by Moyes were already recognised as good players.

Some pretty ignorant comments on player scouting so far!

Would it be fair to say that under Moyes' tenure that the team has often been greater than the sum of its parts?

Barring a couple of charlies and those who couldn't settle or reproduce their form, a lot of these individuals when put together have often exceeded what was expected of them.

That's not a coincidence, that's a scouting and transfer policy put in place to find the perfect individuals and it has on the most part, succeeded.

I shouldn't have to justify myself for thinking he did a good job.

There isn't an Evertonian around that will never forget the turn around Moyes managed whilst with us.

He's a bad f*cking dour bottler though, and he proved that by constantly choking when it actually mattered. Lived off of his early triumph's a bit too much with our fans for me, it was a taboo to give anything to him until about 2011 because 6 years prior we'd got knocked out at the first hurdle in the Champions League.

The lack of understanding about the derby, the far too frequent shocking cup losses and the "we'll try our best"/"knife to a gun fight" b*llocks that he started to spout all too frequently in his last 3 seasons here really started to grate on me, especially considering he was on an elite wage without any pressure to achieve from those above him.

I've been criticising him as Everton's manager for the best part of 3 years now so just because he's gone doesn't make it disrespectful or bitter to do otherwise.

Done a good job here Moyes, put us back on the map for sure after a decade in the wilderness and i'll be forever thankful for that. Should've won a pot or two though if he's some superstar, to his own credit he'd created his best ever team here towards the end and should've capitalised on it. We're very quick to point to our history as Evertonians and yet many seem to think that winning a trophy is a pipe dream. Swansea and Wigan last season proved that cups are there for the taking if you want them, that big 4 piffle doesn't wash no more.

Last edited:
Not wishing to be critical .
But was our record of picking up young players for small money in recent years that became top quality players in time really that good ? is it better than other teams ? I am not sure it is any better than other teams in our situation,maybe even worse.

Most of our better players that were signed by Moyes were already recognised as good players.

Really?

Those names in blue are potential free transfers, coming to the end of their contracts. Those in green are potential loanees. Those in RED carry a price.

This bit made me laugh, RED, warning money involved :lol:

There isn't an Evertonian around that will never forget the turn around Moyes managed whilst with us.

He's a bad f*cking dour bottler though, and he proved that by constantly choking when it actually mattered. Lived off of his early triumph's a bit too much with our fans for me, it was a taboo to give anything to him until about 2011 because 6 years prior we'd got knocked out at the first hurdle in the Champions League.

The lack of understanding about the derby, the far too frequent shocking cup losses and the "we'll try our best"/"knife to a gun fight" b*llocks that he started to spout all too frequently in his last 3 seasons here really started to grate on me, especially considering he was on an elite wage without any pressure to achieve from those above him.

I've been criticising him as Everton's manager for the best part of 3 years now so just because he's gone doesn't make it disrespectful or bitter to do otherwise.

Done a good job here Moyes, put us back on the map for sure after a decade in the wilderness and i'll be forever thankful for that. Should've won a pot or two though if he's some superstar, to his own credit he'd created his best ever team here towards the end and should've capitalised on it. We're very quick to point to our history as Evertonians and yet many seem to think that winning a trophy is a pipe dream. Swansea and Wigan last season proved that cups are there for the taking if you want them, that big 4 piffle doesn't wash no more.
See, you've just exactly proved my point.
Every time a person reflects positively on Moyes, another feels the necessity to remark on how imperfect he actually is. I don't view Moyes as a demi-god and don't honestly need reminding of his fairly obvious flaws. We sit on different sides of the fence here. I'm happy to remember a man who dragged us back up the table and making us matter again. He may well have been hamstrung by finances, he may well have reached the limit of his abilities. It doesn't really matter to me. Its up to Martinez to push us on now or maintain Moyes' work.
I'm not having a go, despite what it sounds like, just don't see why a positive review of Moyes tenure can't pass without comment at all at the moment.

Anything written about Moyes now is about the Man U manager and i have as much interest in reading it as i did stuff written about fergie, much more interested in what Robertos methods are nowadays :)

Every time a person reflects positively on Moyes, another feels the necessity to remark on how imperfect he actually is. I don't view Moyes as a demi-god and don't honestly need reminding of his fairly obvious flaws. We sit on different sides of the fence here. I'm happy to remember a man who dragged us back up the table and making us matter again. He may well have been hamstrung by finances, he may well have reached the limit of his abilities. It doesn't really matter to me. Its up to Martinez to push us on now or maintain Moyes' work.
I'm not having a go, despite what it sounds like, just don't see why a positive review of Moyes tenure can't pass without comment at all at the moment.

Apologies if it was misconstrued mate, I didn't mean that response to be directly aimed at you, I just used the comment you posted as a basis to say what I wanted to say. Didn't mean it to look like a swipe or something.

Those names in blue are potential free transfers, coming to the end of their contracts. Those in green are potential loanees. Those in RED carry a price.

This bit made me laugh, RED, warning money involved :lol:

Hahaha yes.

You're spot on there.

Apologies if it was misconstrued mate, I didn't mean that response to be directly aimed at you, I just used the comment you posted as a basis to say what I wanted to say. Didn't mean it to look like a swipe or something.
I haven't taken it as such really mate and have used your post to prove a point as well. Just the general consensus here is to criticise Moyes and embrace everything Martinez is trying and not much outside of this goes unnoticed.

Good post bluemangroup x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back