Victor Anichebe - £3.5m bid from WBA allegedly turned down (according to Daily Mail)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Victor is miles better than Kone and was earning substantially less.

Ridiculous to pretty much swap the players and pay the useless Kone an extra 10k a week or something.

Hopefully Martinez wouldn't make the same mistake again.

That's the lowest part of the manager's tenure so far.

I'd like to also say I think his other signings have been excellent.

Kone is better than Vic. Vic was quite awful all but half a season. And a brief stint in europe.

Yes as stated the Nolan injury affected his performances - as for Kone he was injured with Wigan last season anonymous in the cup final win - his game depends on his speed - that seemed lacking when joining us - then a operation on his knee - I still say the Victor money went on Kone who is 29 years old - I maintain it was a bad deal it would have been better keeping Victor other clubs were showing interest in him as he was our best striker last season! Time will tell but Kone may turn out to be a bad RM buy every manager makes one or two!

Yes as stated the Nolan injury affected his performances - as for Kone he was injured with Wigan last season anonymous in the cup final win - his game depends on his speed - that seemed lacking when joining us - then a operation on his knee - I still say the Victor money went on Kone who is 29 years old - I maintain it was a bad deal it would have been better keeping Victor other clubs were showing interest in him as he was our best striker last season! Time will tell but Kone may turn out to be a bad RM buy every manager makes one or two!

I think Kone will do well for us next season.

I'm pretty sure he's scored more goals (or close to) in one season than Victor did in his life.

I think Kone will do well for us next season.

I'm pretty sure he's scored more goals (or close to) in one season than Victor did in his life.

13 goals in his first season in the EPL is nothing to be sniffed at, especially at Wigan.

I know he doesn't seem an exciting prospect on the surface, but I'm sure that when he's fit he'll do an excellent job for us, either as main striker if that's what it comes to, or backup striker if we manage to sign Lukaku or another CF.
Will Lukaku get 13 goals this season?

Kone is better than Vic. Vic was quite awful all but half a season. And a brief stint in europe.

Kone has been awful for far longer than that. He has had two OK seasons in the past eight.

We should have kept Anichebe and spent the money on someone else.

Scored goals at every club he's been at bar sevilla. There is a reason for that.

The "apart from the one big club he has played for" part being key - he was beyond awful at Sevilla, and that was when he was (or should be) in his prime as a striker. Keeping Anichebe and spending the six million on someone else would have been a much better course of action, especially given that Martinez ended up getting Lukaku anyway.

The "apart from the one big club he has played for" part being key - he was beyond awful at Sevilla, and that was when he was (or should be) in his prime as a striker. Keeping Anichebe and spending the six million on someone else would have been a much better course of action, especially given that Martinez ended up getting Lukaku anyway.

Anichebe would've been worse at Sevilla.

Kone had big injuries during his time at Sevilla and hardly ever started. One blip in his career isn't something to judge him by. That'd mean countless of other players are crap.. when they aren't.

People are looking back too fondly on victor, when he was very poor.

Not seen enough of Kone to pass judgment, but have seen plenty of vic and for me he was a bog standard footballer, championship level at best, always looked knacked even when he had done nothing, watched him interviewed yesterday about 15mins after the game and he was still blowing for tugs, never seemed fit enough for me, 6m was a steal.Next season will see if Kone is any better.

Pepe Mel (on Anichebe's goal): "Now he's a hero in Everton".

:D

I think he'll be for you what he has been all his career so far - inconsistent. He came on and did well against Liverpool, but there were still times when he was just standing still rather than running into space, even though he was only on the pitch for about 25 minutes.

Not seen enough of Kone to pass judgment, but have seen plenty of vic and for me he was a bog standard footballer, championship level at best, always looked knacked even when he had done nothing, watched him interviewed yesterday about 15mins after the game and he was still blowing for tugs, never seemed fit enough for me, 6m was a steal.Next season will see if Kone is any better.
Exactly this !!

Status
Not open for further replies.