Victor Pereira tactics explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's an innovator, no doubt about it
Can anyone confirm the rumour that he changes the Porto dining room tables to hexagons, limited to 6 people per table. Dissolved all cliques, encouraged tactical discussions, helped them win the league.

He's an innovator, no doubt about it
Can anyone confirm the rumour that he changes the Porto dining room tables to hexagons, limited to 6 people per table. Dissolved all cliques, encouraged tactical discussions, helped them win the league.
Genius.

I think raised tables with various buffet items on for us. No seats at Everton. Nothing static. Encourage plenty of movement, no obvious head of the table, free flowing movement between satay sticks and dip/spring rolls and sweet chilli sauce.

A butterfly dining model where players are encouraged to move freely, have quick small interactions between each place then moving swiftly on to encourage cross pollination of ideas.

It will be integral to our new style of play.

Genius.

I think raised tables with various buffet items on for us. No seats at Everton. Nothing static. Encourage plenty of movement, no obvious head of the table, free flowing movement between satay sticks and dip/spring rolls and sweet chilli sauce.

A butterfly dining model where players are encouraged to move freely, have quick small interactions between each place then moving swiftly on to encourage cross pollination of ideas.

It will be integral to our new style of play.
Will be very hard for our well-mannered players to adopt his "no please or thank you" model to the training ground.
Simple principle: asking permission or submitting yourself in gratitude is not elite winning mentality.
Carving out success on the pitch begins on the training ground.

Hi lads, just read that Victor Pereira (abbreviated to VP from this point forth) is gonna be our next manager.

As an avid follower of Portuguese football I’ve done some pods and Spaces on big sports news outlets and thought you’d want to have a break down of how VP approaches the game.

Tactically he’s rigid on a 3-4-3 with a deep lying trequardista which I expect to Tom Davies for the time being. As VP likes to build up slowly from the back a lot of the play goes through this key position and the player needs legs which is why I can’t see Allan being used for it. Doucoure will play as the false #10 in this role and VP is clear that he expects this position to stay in and around the centre circle, doing very clearly defined roles to enable the team up and down the pitch.

VP is not one for substitutes, only using substitutes in 47% of his career games as a manager. Instead he prefers full belief in the startling 11, or 12 as he calls it as he picks himself first every week and I’m not sure if you know this but he wears an armband on the touchline to show he’s the apex predator of the group.

Another key position to his philosophy is the number 9 being a robust strong players who is strong and good with his head. This player does not do much running in behind so he likes a strong static “old forward’s forward” striker for which Rondon will be selected Im sure. Also VP is not one for developing young players so this could see Gordon sold and the likes of El Ghazi and Townsend preferred. VP tried to buy Iwobi three times in his career so could see a rebirth for your man there.

I’ll update with more if anyone arsed.
Builds up slowly from the back. Same as the other lot we have had resently.If this is the appointment I really cannot understand the appointment and how out of touch this board are ,with this club .It does not work. Martinez, koeman, silva, carlo and Rafael. All managers with some sort of rep but none survived here. All had a similiar slow , passive game. All were horrible. All were protested against. All were sacked.

Why? My belief is that this sort and type of football does not suit the identity of everton. Slow progressive football is not in the dna of everton football club. To be successful with this tactic one needs excellent technical players who are patient on the ball and can pass and can make the correct runs. Most of these players are out of the reach of clubs like everton. We dont have any currently in the club with is laughable.

This manager will if appointed will take us down. Moshiri and kenwright and this board will take us down. Its unforgivable how blind they are. We can all have a laugh and joke about it on here thank god but reality will hit us very soon.

We are crying out for an everton identity. Fast, aggressive football played with intensity a mix of getting results and football, a center forward who can hold up the ball and play, full backs who will attack, solid no nonsense center halfs, aggressive ball playing midfielders, fast out wide players. All who will work for every minute when on the pitch.

Hi lads, just read that Victor Pereira (abbreviated to VP from this point forth) is gonna be our next manager.

As an avid follower of Portuguese football I’ve done some pods and Spaces on big sports news outlets and thought you’d want to have a break down of how VP approaches the game.

Tactically he’s rigid on a 3-4-3 with a deep lying trequardista which I expect to Tom Davies for the time being. As VP likes to build up slowly from the back a lot of the play goes through this key position and the player needs legs which is why I can’t see Allan being used for it. Doucoure will play as the false #10 in this role and VP is clear that he expects this position to stay in and around the centre circle, doing very clearly defined roles to enable the team up and down the pitch.

VP is not one for substitutes, only using substitutes in 47% of his career games as a manager. Instead he prefers full belief in the startling 11, or 12 as he calls it as he picks himself first every week and I’m not sure if you know this but he wears an armband on the touchline to show he’s the apex predator of the group.

Another key position to his philosophy is the number 9 being a robust strong players who is strong and good with his head. This player does not do much running in behind so he likes a strong static “old forward’s forward” striker for which Rondon will be selected Im sure. Also VP is not one for developing young players so this could see Gordon sold and the likes of El Ghazi and Townsend preferred. VP tried to buy Iwobi three times in his career so could see a rebirth for your man there.

I’ll update with more if anyone arsed.

?

Obrigado, Chico….:pint2:

Status
Not open for further replies.