Video: How much is Lukaku worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm genuinely puzzled by some of these quotes, it's like they're a couple of years behind with the prices that modern day footballers can sell for, somebody take them aside and have a word.

Fancy though, how the regular lads that go the game somewhere in their 40's (way to pick a representative demographic, Adam!), seem to rate the value of a player solely on work rate and team spirit rather than skill and market value.

Seriously, you should've asked the exact same guys after the game what they think Davies is worth, like.

Also it must be a weird age thing since I played the video to my grandad and he burst out laughing at the first and last people. Calling them clueless so and so's, saying Bob latchford was similar but still got the goals.

Could easily see Everton getting £40m in the summer, assuming that his form doesn't go off a cliff again during the run-in.

My goodness that video lol... He's probably worth about 50 million, but in todays market... I wouldn't sell him for less than £80m and we would have a good first choice striker available.

You're saying Rom is worth less than John Stones?
He's worth whatever a club is willing to pay, and unlike Stones, he wouldn't fit the criteria for a Guardiola vanity project.

I assume that's why he's biting the bullet and running down his contract. It's actually quite admirable, considering how many players sign bumper new deals and then kick off when their club asks for a prohibitive fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back