View From the Opposition - WBA fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam_Baggies

Player Valuation: £500k
Hi, folks.

I'm back again for the second edition. If you could fill out the questionnaire beneath it would be appreciated. The finished article link shall be provided later on in the week.

1) What are your opinions on Everton's season so far?

2) What are your opinions on WBA's season so far?

3) Roberto Martinez seems to be doing the business. What have you made of his tenure at Goodison so far?

4) WBA recently sacked Steve Clarke and appointed Pepe Mel. What are thoughts on Clarke's sacking and eventual replacement?

5) Romelu Lukaku won many hearts at The Hawthorns. How has he performed for you?

6) The transfer window is open, is there anywhere that strengthening?

7) What side is RM likely to choose?

8) Who are the three clubs that will be relegated?

9) What are your strengths and weaknesses?

10) Score predictions

Hope those that are travelling have a safe journey to the West Midlands and I look forward to hearing the amazing "Allez Allez Oh" chant. :D

Hi, folks.

I'm back again for the second edition. If you could fill out the questionnaire beneath it would be appreciated. The finished article link shall be provided later on in the week.

1) What are your opinions on Everton's season so far? Ace

2) What are your opinions on WBA's season so far? Shame. Been a bit unlucky. Missing Lukaku

3) Roberto Martinez seems to be doing the business. What have you made of his tenure at Goodison so far? Bossness

4) WBA recently sacked Steve Clarke and appointed Pepe Mel. What are thoughts on Clarke's sacking and eventual replacement? Surprised at both tbh

5) Romelu Lukaku won many hearts at The Hawthorns. How has he performed for you? Brill mostly

6) The transfer window is open, is there anywhere that strengthening? Striker

7) What side is RM likely to choose? No idea. But a good one.

8) Who are the three clubs that will be relegated? Not you, dont care.

9) What are your strengths and weaknesses? Pass, score sexy goals, never give up.

10) Score predictions We will win.

Hope those that are travelling have a safe journey to the West Midlands and I look forward to hearing the amazing "Allez Allez Oh" chant. :D

There you go Liam.(y)

...I'm old enough to have witnessed Jeff Astle's goal at Wembley in '68, but I've never minded the Baggies. Tough game for us under the lights at Hawthornes - boing, boing - but we are playing with a swagger under this new regime. Suspect we'll be missing a few (Barkley et al), but I most teams have injuries at this stage of the season.

Hi, folks.

1) What are your opinions on Everton's season so far? Boss, couldnt be happier, Bobby is great

2) What are your opinions on WBA's season so far? Quite poor, sorry

3) Roberto Martinez seems to be doing the business. What have you made of his tenure at Goodison so far?He da actual man

4) WBA recently sacked Steve Clarke and appointed Pepe Mel. What are thoughts on Clarke's sacking and eventual replacement? Your new Manager looks yewtree, Clarke wasnt getting the results, so correct decision for me

5) Romelu Lukaku won many hearts at The Hawthorns. How has he performed for you? Hit and miss so far for me, scored a load of goals, but still a lot to learn, the lids still only 20 tho, plenty of time.

6) The transfer window is open, is there anywhere that strengthening? CM and Striker, mainly back up for Lukaku, we are very light there and in the middle of the park.

7) What side is RM likely to choose? Depends on whos fit mate, likely to be Howard, Coleman, Baines, Stones, Jagielka, Barry, McCarthy, Mirallas, Pienaar, Osman, Lukaku

8) Who are the three clubs that will be relegated? Palace, Fulham, Sunderland

9) What are your strengths and weaknesses? Our midfield 2 are tireless and our wingbacks are superb, Barkley will be a massive loss.

10) Score predictions 0-2

Hiya!

1) The most exciting season I've ever seen in my 18 years as an Evertonian, including the one in which we finished 4th. Our new style of play and confidence that borders on arrogance is a sight to behold, tellin' ya. With a couple of additions we could be in for something special here, and even if we fall short we've failed trying to do it the right way.

2) Strange, really. So much promise early last season which tailed off, this season a lack of anything exciting really. Reckon you must be slightly disappointed in your summer signings - Vydra hasn't shown anything near the level a was producing last season, Sessegnon and Sinclair are talented but inconstent fair weather players IMO and Anichebe for £6m? Thanks. Think Anelka alone could push you a couple of places up that league, though, and who knows how the new manager will do?

3) You know when you lose a crumpled fiver then find a crisp £50 note that wears boss brown shoes and talks in a beautiful soothing voice? That. I love him.

4) Not really sure. Think it's a bit harsh and premature maybe, but as they say nothing's a surprise in football and it is a result's business. No idea why they've appointed this fella, to be honest. Not great with Betis, was he? I thought they'd go for Mackay, but Christ knows how Mel will do. He could be a Roberto Martinez for you lot.

5) Started off brilliantly, faded a bit now. He doesn't look the finished article at all (to be expected at his age), and you can see why Mourinho sent him out on loan. He doesn't win many headers and his touch lets him down sometimes but he will be world class and whenever he's having a poor game he usually scores which you can't complain about.

6) We badly need a forward as cover/potential first team next season. Especially with Jelavic going and Kone being injured/sh*te. Come the end of the season when Lukaku goes back to Chelsea we'll be goosed if not.

7) The only one he can really. Howard, Coleman, Stones, Jagielka, Baines, Pienaar, McCarthy, Barry, Mirallas, Osman, Lukaku.

8) Fulham, Palace and Norwich

9) Strengths - Style of play. Just absolutely boss. We've also got arguably the two best full backs in the league and a strong midfield in Barry & McCarthy.

Weaknesses - Strength in depth. Or lack of it.

10) West Brom 0-3 Everton. Sorry.

Hi, folks.

1) What are your opinions on Everton's season so far? 8/10. Good overall but a few dropped points against lesser teams may cost us come May.

2) What are your opinions on WBA's season so far? Seem to have a lot of strikers with none really doing anything for a sustained period of time. Enjoyed the games against WHU and Villa.

3) Roberto Martinez seems to be doing the business. What have you made of his tenure at Goodison so far? Unreal.

4) WBA recently sacked Steve Clarke and appointed Pepe Mel. What are thoughts on Clarke's sacking and eventual replacement? Quite surprised, Uncle however is a Baggie and was never taken with him.

5) Romelu Lukaku won many hearts at The Hawthorns. How has he performed for you? Mostly excellent, would like to see how effective he could be when used as an impact player at times and hold up play could do with some work.

6) The transfer window is open, is there anywhere that strengthening? Centre mid and another striker.

7) What side is RM likely to choose? Howard,
Coleman, Stones, Jagielka, Baines,
McCarthy Barry
Mirallas Pienaar
Osman
Lukaku

8) Who are the three clubs that will be relegated? Hard to say, thought it looked certain Sunderland were gone but Poyet has got them playing, same with Pulis and Stoke. My guess would be Palace, Fulham and West Ham.

9) What are your strengths and weaknesses? Less reliable on crosses. Goals from all over. Great FK takers. Ball retention. Still pretty profligate and no real alternative to Rom up front.

10) Score predictions 3-1 to us I hope.

Cheers mate, best of luck for the rest of the season

1) What are your opinions on Everton's season so far? Fantastic, just need to get a couple of players in to build momentum.

2) What are your opinions on WBA's season so far? I haven't really seen enough of them to know whats gone wrong but can see why fans are dissapointed.

3) Roberto Martinez seems to be doing the business. What have you made of his tenure at Goodison so far? Really excited to see us playing good football.

4) WBA recently sacked Steve Clarke and appointed Pepe Mel. What are thoughts on Clarke's sacking and eventual replacement? Thought Clarke was hard done by. We stuck with Moyes after a couple of poor seasons and were eventually rearded for it. Rate him as a manager, thought he needed a couple of extra attacking players. Mel is obviously the guy they wanted but his record is amazing. reckon you were better with Clark.

5) Romelu Lukaku won many hearts at The Hawthorns. How has he performed for you? He has done ok. You can see the ability and he can win games on his own.

6) The transfer window is open, is there anywhere that strengthening? A central midfielder and striker.

7) What side is RM likely to choose? Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Baines, McCarthy, Barry Osman, Mirrallas, Naismith, Lukaku

8) Who are the three clubs that will be relegated? Norwich Palace and Cardiff

9) What are your strengths and weaknesses? Our main strength is our defence and keeping the ball. Weakness, a lack of quality going forward with the injuries we have.

10) Score predictions Think we will win 1-0

Hi, folks.

1) What are your opinions on Everton's season so far? Continuing to prove we're the best team in the world.

2) What are your opinions on WBA's season so far? Disappointing for them but will be mid-table when we win the league in May

3) Roberto Martinez seems to be doing the business. What have you made of his tenure at Goodison so far? Look into his eyes, mate, and it's like finally realising that not only do you love him but for the first time, you've been able to truly love yourself

4) WBA recently sacked Steve Clarke and appointed Pepe Mel. What are thoughts on Clarke's sacking and eventual replacement?
Not convinced either of them can pull of a pair of brown brogues

5) Romelu Lukaku won many hearts at The Hawthorns. How has he performed for you? He's good. Not Michael Branch good but he's getting there. Gets frustrated and tired too early. Would protect you in a storm.

6) The transfer window is open, is there anywhere that strengthening? The floor under our trophy cabinet ready for the next few years.

7) What side is RM likely to choose? Dresses to the right.

8) Who are the three clubs that will be relegated? Crystal Palace, Sunderland, West. Ham

9) What are your strengths and weaknesses? I'm a tall lad who's up for a laugh. I pride myself on my appearance and my fitness. I suppose, my weaknesses are that I care too much and I open myself up too much. Oh and I scam old women out of their pensions.

10) Score predictions 1-2

Happy to help

Beyond Expectations, which just goes to show how Moyes had us conditioned tbh.

not really taken that much notice tbh.

3) Roberto Martinez seems to be doing the business. What have you made of his tenure at Goodison so far?

Changed not only the style of play but the whole attitude around the club, such overhauls usually take years not months.

Never heard of the guy tbh.

5) Romelu Lukaku won many hearts at The Hawthorns. How has he performed for you?

Superbly, we wanted him when he was 16, Moyes tried twice for him as I remember, he'd be rubbish now if he'd got him.

Upfront as rom only on loan, Bobby will have eyes on others as well though that he'll get if they're available.

One to be scared of.

West Ham, Sunderland, Villa.

rock solid in defence with wing backs that will punish you if given a sniff, great midfield that can tighten up or create, pacey fwds that will tear you to shreds if you don't keep them in check.

10) Score predictions

3-1 EFC

Allez Allez Allez OHHHHHHHHH, We're Everton FC....... Roberto's Blue Army!!

Hi, folks.

1) What are your opinions on Everton's season so far? Some brilliant displays especialy against other top 6-8 clubs.

2) What are your opinions on WBA's season so far? Below par. But then you don't have Lukaku and we do!

3) Roberto Martinez seems to be doing the business. What have you made of his tenure at Goodison so far? Pleasantly surprised.

4) WBA recently sacked Steve Clarke and appointed Pepe Mel. What are thoughts on Clarke's sacking and eventual replacement? Risky.

5) Romelu Lukaku won many hearts at The Hawthorns. How has he performed for you Well but going through a dry patch atm.

6) The transfer window is open, is there anywhere that strengthening? Upfront is priority

7) What side is RM likely to choose? Howard,Coleman, Jagielka,Stones/Distin, Baines, Barry, McCarthy, Mirallas, Osman, Pienaar, Lukaku

8) Who are the three clubs that will be relegated? Fulham, Palace and A.N Other

9) What are your strengths and weaknesses? Possesion of the round leather thing/ bit ropey at the back sometimes.

10) Score predictions 0-1

Should be a good game.

Hi, folks.

1) What are your opinions on Everton's season so far? Better than expected, and I was one who thought it would be pretty damn good! The main thing is regardless of the result at the end of each game we will have know that we tried to attack and to win every time

2) What are your opinions on WBA's season so far? A strange one as Clarke seemed a very good coach. Maybe a good coach but not a good manager. The striker signings were, lets face it, abysmal.

3) Roberto Martinez seems to be doing the business. What have you made of his tenure at Goodison so far? Bobby has changed the atmosphere of the whole club with his positivity, there are barely any doubters left. We are all on cloud 9. Go for the win policy is exactly what I wanted

4) WBA recently sacked Steve Clarke and appointed Pepe Mel. What are thoughts on Clarke's sacking and eventual replacement? Thought Clarke was good but his results suggest otherwise so probably deserved to go. Pepe Mel is a very odd choice. He is hugely respected in Spain and a bit of a legend as he is a maverick. Chequered record as a manager but despite being recently sacked by them he is a hero at Betis. Stood up to Jose, so I love him for that.

5) Romelu Lukaku won many hearts at The Hawthorns. How has he performed for you? He scores goals and at times excites, but I'm sure as you saw he is nowhere near the finished product. First touch sometimes awful.

6) The transfer window is open, is there anywhere that strengthening?Another striker and CM please. We got the wide player in McGeady

7) What side is RM likely to choose? Howard, Coleman, Jags, Stones, Baines, McCarthy, Barry, Mirallas, Osman, Pienaar, Lukaku

8) Who are the three clubs that will be relegated?Norwich, Sunderland, West Ham

9) What are your strengths and weaknesses?Ball retention and controlling games are a strenght along with being a threat from different parts of the pitch. Weakness is in the final third where good approach play falls short too often

10) Score predictions 1-2

there ya go. COYB!

Hi, folks.

1) What are your opinions on Everton's season so far? Better than expected in every way; delightful to watch, nice results

2) What are your opinions on WBA's season so far? Disappointed, hopeful for a strong second half run for WBA

3) Roberto Martinez seems to be doing the business. What have you made of his tenure at Goodison so far? He is approaching deity level, he seems he can do nothing wrong

4) WBA recently sacked Steve Clarke and appointed Pepe Mel. What are thoughts on Clarke's sacking and eventual replacement? Seems that clubs make the decision to change too quickly, but you can't mess with relegation chances

5) Romelu Lukaku won many hearts at The Hawthorns. How has he performed for you? Very much the same, but he looks tired lately

6) The transfer window is open, is there anywhere that strengthening? Striker, CM

7) What side is RM likely to choose? Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Stones, Baines, McCarthy, Barry, Mirallas, Osman, Pienaar, Lukaku

8) Who are the three clubs that will be relegated? Palace, West Ham, Sunderland

9) What are your strengths and weaknesses? Strengths are confidence and cohesion; scoring from corners

10) Score predictions 1 WBA, 2 EVE

Cheers

Hi, folks.

Considering it's a transitional season, with a new manager who has a different outlook on how the game should be played than our previous manager of 11 years, then I think it's fair to say that as a team, we've exceeded the expectations of the fan-base thus far.

Without meaning to sound harsh; typical W. Brom. 3 points above the drop zone, is hardly new territory for you guys.

I, for one, had my doubts. He's now completely won me over. I wouldn't swap him for ANYBODY.

I think Clarke deserved a chance to stay for another 4/5 games to see if he could turn that bad run around. As for the new guy, I don't even know who he is

On the whole, he's been very good. He had a poor xmas/new year period, but looked much fresher last time out

Striker and Centre-mid cover

Probs the same side that just beat Norwich at the weekend. Provided they're all fit to play

Palace, Cardiff and one of Fulham, Norwich or West Brom. Sorry mate

Strengths: We can knock the ball about as good as anybody, but we also have a bit of 'steel' in the side.

Weaknesses: We are sometimes a bit slow in possession

10) Score predictions

W. Brom 0 Everton 2

I've been as honest as I can be. Sorry to say I think you might get relegated, but I think Sunderland and W. Ham will get out of trouble, so after Cardiff and Palace, that leaves one out of Fulham, W. Brom and Norwich IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back