2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a rough 20 min period during the period of Hulls second with Longman for the period of Hull second. It’s a jump in standard from Ukraine league to even the Championship, he will need time to adjust. The manager hadn’t helped him with the Digne saga.

In all honesty I like a bit of what I saw, he gets across well when the back four is stretced - key for a full back, he cleared one of the line - perfectly positioned just off the left post. Gomes fluffed a challenge in midfield and their runner got in behind the line, he just took him out like an assassin, I reckon he has a bit of snide in him and I like that in a player, possibly even a bit of an assassin.

Looking forward to seeing him develop, but like I say the manager has done him no favours pressure wise with the Digne saga, comparisons are inevitable.

That's the issue...he's hug him out to dry really as he's our only left back.

It's like telling the lad on work experience that he's head of the company now. Good luck

I get that but maybe he was never all that quick and that's not what we signed? The way people were speaking it's like they'd seen him was rapid and now isn't or something.
I dont think I had ever seen him play before so I had no idea. I just had the idea in my head about what I want to see from a full back.

He started very shaky and got better as the game went on. The one thing that was most noticeable for me was he wasn't quick for a full back. Maybe he will get sharper but pace is something you have or you don't.

I'm not saying he's a bad player. I have no idea yet if he's good or not. Its just an observation based on today.

I dont think I had ever seen him play before so I had no idea. I just had the idea in my head about what I want to see from a full back.

He started very shaky and got better as the game went on. The one thing that was most noticeable for me was he wasn't quick for a full back. Maybe he will get sharper but pace is something you have or you don't.
And he dont

I'm not saying he's a bad player. I have no idea yet if he's good or not. Its just an observation based on today.

The thing that was very noticeable to me, was that he looks to be hard as nails and doesn’t shiz out of anything at all.

He’ll need to work on this side of things or he’ll spend a lot of time suspended.

Played really safe I would say. Didn’t really look to get forward and don’t recall him putting a single cross in. Not sure if thats tactics related or that he was just nervous.
I don’t think he was fully fit. He got forward quite a bit in the first half, remember him overlapping and being further forward a couple of times in the first half once we remembered how to play and remember him sending over a nice whipped cross to the back of the six yard box.
Ridiculous to judge him after one week in the country let alone only just meeting his team mates and starting to learn the way Benitez wants to play

I wouldn’t jump on the pace element based on tonight. There wasn’t a situation where he showed he was either slow or fast I didn’t think. From his youtube reel, he looked more athletic than a speed merchant. Hopefully that still proves to be the case.

That's the issue...he's hug him out to dry really as he's our only left back.

It's like telling the lad on work experience that he's head of the company now. Good luck

Longman looked a good player mind mate. Hull manager had a good day at the office for me, they over loaded his side on his first game, he got to grips with after that spell. Won’t do him any harm and these are the games to acclimatise him.

The other thing the Hull manager did was put that asassin Docherty on Gordon to hack him to peices after he was destroying them for the first 25 - Docherry clearly to told kick him out of the game.

Knew his stuff that Hull manager.

Last edited:
The thing that was very noticeable to me, was that he looks to be hard as nails and doesn’t shiz out of anything at all.

He’ll need to work on this side of things or he’ll spend a lot of time suspended.
Yeah he looks to have a bit about him but I thought he played on the right side of the edge and was in control.

Played really safe I would say. Didn’t really look to get forward and don’t recall him putting a single cross in. Not sure if thats tactics related or that he was just nervous.

Put the ball in where we should have got the 1st pen (where Gordon flicks it inside and its handballed)

That's the only one I can remember like

The poor lad has been here less than a week, he probably doesn’t speak English very well, if at all.

Give the lad a chance.
Agree, needed more time to bed in rather than thrown into the Lions den, don't think he will be in the same class as Digne but could turn out to be quite useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.