Confirmed Signing Vitaliy Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, ive NOT written:

"One of the best 3 u21 defenders in the world for the last 3 years"

Ive quite literally not said written that and your quotes dont show that at all.

Whose said he's one of the "best 3 under 21 defenders" as ive never thought, written or said that"

lol

"He was rated across numerous media channels as one of the best/most promising u21 defenders for 3 seasons straight."

thats a quote from you. Saying that hes rated as one of the best u21 defenders for 3 seasons straight. I take it you mean in the world in your quote. If not please enlighten me as to what context you ment it.

"He was rated across numerous media channels as one of the best/most promising u21 defenders for 3 seasons straight."

thats a quote from you. Saying that hes rated as one of the best u21 defenders for 3 seasons straight. I take it you mean in the world in your quote. If not please enlighten me as to what context you ment it.

Check mate Zat. He has been ignoring me for about 8 years, so well done by you.

Yes, so ive not said hes been one of the 3 best have I?

You have posted several times that ive claimed hes in the top 3 best u21 defenders over 3 seasons...

...ive not written that.

What I have said is that for 3 seasons straight hes been rated from numerous media sources as one of the worlds best/most promising defenders in the under 21 age group. Ive not said hes in the top 3.

To put this into further context, heres a list via transfermarkt of the 'highest value' left backs under u23 years of age.

Mykolenko is 6th here and Alt-Nouri who I said we should sign before he went to Wolves is 7th:

On this list ive asked the forum who posters would sign in the u23 age bracket instead of Mykolenko...

...theres not many good ones around that we could attract.

The Ukrainian chap on here also mentioned (correctly imo) that they find it hard to settle overseas.

He's highly rated and 6 years younger than Digne.

This "unproven" line being trotted out by a few posters doesnt make sense to me.

What does "unproven" actually mean?

Where should signings be "proven" ?
It’s a difficult balance to strike and my point wasn’t that we shouldn’t be signing unproven players, with our financial state we may need to get into a habit of selling PL proven players and replacing them with unproven to restart the cycle all over again.

With this one though, we are selling one player who has proven he can do well in the PL and replacing him with someone who isn’t for a very similar fee

It’s a difficult balance to strike and my point wasn’t that we shouldn’t be signing unproven players, with our financial state we may need to get into a habit of selling PL proven players and replacing them with unproven to restart the cycle all over again.

With this one though, we are selling one player who has proven he can do well in the PL and replacing him with someone who isn’t for a very similar fee

The fact is that the differences between Digne and Benitez are beyond repair, Digne wants out. Benitez wants himout and that is it. So He goes who do we replace him with if not this signing?

When’s he being announced then, or is this going to be another talked about transfer that takes weeks to sort out and we’ll finally announce him on deadline day.

The fact is that the differences between Digne and Benitez are beyond repair, Digne wants out. Benitez wants himout and that is it. So He goes who do we replace him with if not this signing?

Not sure if that’s a slightly tongue in cheek response or not. If not, then I can only assume you are saying that this Ukrainian fella is the only left back in the world available for under £20m…

There must be plenty of other options for cheaper and have the same risk of failure in the PL. I am so put off by our track record and it doesn’t inspire me with confidence

Not sure if that’s a slightly tongue in cheek response or not. If not, then I can only assume you are saying that this Ukrainian fella is the only left back in the world available for under £20m…

There must be plenty of other options for cheaper and have the same risk of failure in the PL. I am so put off by our track record and it doesn’t inspire me with confidence

I can understand the club of late has not had a very good record. But if Digne goes we need an LB and quickly.

I can understand the club of late has not had a very good record. But if Digne goes we need an LB and quickly.
I don’t disagree on that mate. Part of me just wonders if we might be better off spending as little as possible with the current personnel we have behind the scenes and save our money until the end of the year when this internal review should have been completed and hopefully we may have more competent staff to use that money wisely.

I don’t disagree on that mate. Part of me just wonders if we might be better off spending as little as possible with the current personnel we have behind the scenes and save our money until the end of the year when this internal review should have been completed and hopefully we may have more competent staff to use that money wisely.

Behind the scenes methinks there is no LB good enough for us to take a chance on to the season end. League table wise we are not in a good position, we have games in hand but they have to be won.

Behind the scenes methinks there is no LB good enough for us to take a chance on to the season end. League table wise we are not in a good position, we have games in hand but they have to be won.

You are probably right but I think that we have a good run of games now, 2 weeks off and all our players should be back. I think we will manage to get high enough in the table that relegation won’t be a worry even though it’s not exactly a season to remember

1st bit in bold:

He doesnt play for any u21 team, i dont need to "misinterpret" what you post...you can simply use google instead of making incorrect statements.

He made his international debut at 19 and has 21 full caps.

He has played 132 timed for Kiev including 32 games in Europe after making his debut as an 18 year old.

He was rated across numerous media channels as one of the best/most promising u21 defenders for 3 seasons straight.

2nd bit in bold:

You havent even googled the boy...you have no idea who he is...but you dont want him lol

3rd bit in bold:

You have stated that you want Everton to pay £60k a week for players as we are a "mid table" club. Thats literally what you have written.

"Proven players" is what you want and for £60k a week those proven players are not going to sign, unless you mean "proven" dross.

4th bit in bold

Youve no idea who the player is...no idea on Kiev.

5th bit in bold

Lack of intelligence, the irony.

You talk like youre a fan of another club that is head patting Everton as a "mid table" team that should sign "proven" players on £60k a week or less...to finish mid table.

How dare Everton try to sign young players who can improve and take them into higher league positions.

If we signed the next Cristiano Ronaldo you would cry about £60k a week and how we shouldnt sign him as hes "not proven".

What "proven" left backs are there to sign in the premier league lol

Id love to know...
Unfortunately Zat, Lucas Digne seems to be available

Still on the ship stuck in the middle of the black Sea I reckon. I don't think we our budget could stretch to a private plane for him expect him some time on deadline day

Status
Not open for further replies.