Confirmed Signing Vitaliy Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about £18m split over four years. I still think it's on the steep side but he's the right age and profile.

It's just a shame we've ostracised a quality left-back to do it who we are now going to be lucky to get money for because of said ostracisation.
I'm not disagreeing, but whether the price is steep or not will ultimately be based on how he performs for us. To be fair, I don't know enough about him yet.

If we get a good quality left-back with the best of his career ahead of him, £18m split over four years is a good deal indeed.

It's about £18m split over four years. I still think it's on the steep side but he's the right age and profile.

It's just a shame we've ostracised a quality left-back to do it who we are now going to be lucky to get money for because of said ostracisation.

Ostracised lol

*Youtube discliaimer that this shows players off and not the negatives.

However, plenty of clips againsat bayern/benfica/fenerbahce (i think). SOme decent opposition. SOme positives in there, plenty of potential.

stop using fancy words toff and just say Benitez is a complete bell.

We should still get 20 odd million for Digne, with Mykolenko's £17m being spread out like suggested, would give us some FFP flexibility. Not that I am going to pretend to know all about FFP, i believe that is how it can work.
I think all the offers for Digne will be loans and Everton will be fine with that as long as they're obligations to buy.

But we've run a risk now. Because clubs know he wants out, know Benitez doesn't want him and, importantly, know Everton need rid. Let's hope it doesn't happen but there could easily be a situation where Digne is here come the end of the month and Everton have to accept any offer - like they did with James. It's a ridiculous way of doing business.

But yes, FFP wise I think we'll be fine with the deal. We do have some money. We were going to use a fair bit on Diaz at the end of the last window.

Ostracised lol
Well, it is true. He was ditched from the squad. I'm not saying Digne is blameless - he isn't - but he's now a player on big wages that clubs know Everton don't want, know that he would rather not be here now and that he's currently not getting a look in.

It's not a good way to do business mate. We have, once again, no bargaining power. Just like with Kean and James.

I'm not disagreeing, but whether the price is steep or not will ultimately be based on how he performs for us. To be fair, I don't know enough about him yet.

If we get a good quality left-back with the best of his career ahead of him, £18m split over four years is a good deal indeed.
yeah exactly. But we spent the same on Digne who was definitely better at the time than Mykolenko and more experienced. So I do think it's steep but as I said, right age and profile so that's good.

Well, it is true. He was ditched from the squad. I'm not saying Digne is blameless - he isn't - but he's now a player on big wages that clubs know Everton don't want, know that he would rather not be here now and that he's currently not getting a look in.

It's not a good way to do business mate. We have, once again, no bargaining power. Just like with Kean and James.

We had no bargaining power with Kean because he's a moody brat who no one wanted to lash £20+ million on.

We had no bargaining power with James because he's an injury prone 30 year old on 200k+ a week hence why he's playing in a farmers league.

We'll easily fetch £20 million+ for Digne imo.

Hopefully Eddie Howe lashes £30+ million at us for him he likes his attacking players.

Status
Not open for further replies.