Confirmed Signing Vitaliy Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats he doing in the u21s when he's 22 if he's so good?

Okay I dont get this are you intentionally misinterpreting what I've put?

I'm saying that we as a club should spend within our means and stop acting like Johnny big balls by giving player wages far beyond what their worth. Also saying that if he was a once in a lifetime talent I could understand offering him the moon but hes not so we shouldn't.

Oh I dont think anything I put was more stupid then the time you said we need spend £50m on ben white then Admitted you'd never actually seen him play.

I didnt say I want to spend it on middle of the road players I said I want to see it spent on proven players. Come into the squad on a acceptable wage then if you prove yourself you get a improved contract.

Not pay 7 times what the player is currently on whos biggest achievement in the games is getting dry bummed every game hes played in the champions league.

It never ceases to amaze me how the desire to sign a player wipes all sense of intelligence from peoples mind.

Make no mistake about it, this kid is a risk and a big one at that. We had kean who was one of the top u21 strikers in the world and he couldn't hack this league. So if this kid bombs we ain't getting rid of him, not on those wages. He'll just end up like another sandro.

1st bit in bold:

He doesnt play for any u21 team, i dont need to "misinterpret" what you post...you can simply use google instead of making incorrect statements.

He made his international debut at 19 and has 21 full caps.

He has played 132 timed for Kiev including 32 games in Europe after making his debut as an 18 year old.

He was rated across numerous media channels as one of the best/most promising u21 defenders for 3 seasons straight.

2nd bit in bold:

You havent even googled the boy...you have no idea who he is...but you dont want him lol

3rd bit in bold:

You have stated that you want Everton to pay £60k a week for players as we are a "mid table" club. Thats literally what you have written.

"Proven players" is what you want and for £60k a week those proven players are not going to sign, unless you mean "proven" dross.

4th bit in bold

Youve no idea who the player is...no idea on Kiev.

5th bit in bold

Lack of intelligence, the irony.

You talk like youre a fan of another club that is head patting Everton as a "mid table" team that should sign "proven" players on £60k a week or less...to finish mid table.

How dare Everton try to sign young players who can improve and take them into higher league positions.

If we signed the next Cristiano Ronaldo you would cry about £60k a week and how we shouldnt sign him as hes "not proven".

What "proven" left backs are there to sign in the premier league lol

Id love to know...

Fans have this all the time. ‘Play the kids’ but look at the reaction to Gordon playing. Gordon is miles ahead of Dobbin, he’s had a season in the Pal and a season on loan. Benitez has worked with him and finally trusts him to work both ways and follow a tactical plan. Even then though a lot of fans were moaning that his end product isn’t good enough.

Yet people want him to just throw on Dobbin or Simms to start games. It’s an absolute certain way to just destroy young players careers. For me that’s back to the Ancelotti situation we had last season when Gomes would play and be terrible so the fans would be like ‘why is Davies not playing’, then Davies would play and he’d be just as bad, and a few weeks later it would be ‘why is Gomes not getting a go’. It just shows the paucity of options available and the unsuitability of any of them.

9/10 managers choose Rondon to start a game over some untried kids who have barely played PL football. The fact that Rondon has been in multiple positions to score goals, and has actually scored one, seems to have gone, even when not fully fit, seems to have been ignored. Look at his performance in the derby when he was a very useful player for us.

If the Benitez should be fired argument has resorted to ‘he okayed Rondon over Simms and Dobbin’ then it really is on its last legs.
NO! Meme Face.jpg

1st bit in bold:

He doesnt play for any u21 team, i dont need to "misinterpret" what you post...you can simply use google instead of making incorrect statements.

He made his international debut at 19 and has 21 full caps.

He has played 132 timed for Kiev including 32 games in Europe after making his debut as an 18 year old.

He was rated across numerous media channels as one of the best/most promising u21 defenders for 3 seasons straight.

2nd bit in bold:

You havent even googled the boy...you have no idea who he is...but you dont want him lol

3rd bit in bold:

You have stated that you want Everton to pay £60k a week for players as we are a "mid table" club. Thats literally what you have written.

"Proven players" is what you want and for £60k a week those proven players are not going to sign, unless you mean "proven" dross.

4th bit in bold

Youve no idea who the player is...no idea on Kiev.

5th bit in bold

Lack of intelligence, the irony.

You talk like youre a fan of another club that is head patting Everton as a "mid table" team that should sign "proven" players on £60k a week or less...to finish mid table.

How dare Everton try to sign young players who can improve and take them into higher league positions.

If we signed the next Cristiano Ronaldo you would cry about £60k a week and how we shouldnt sign him as hes "not proven".

What "proven" left backs are there to sign in the premier league lol

Id love to know...

If he's rated so highly why is he still playing in the Ukraine league?

As we've seen with some of your shouts over the years its highly likely you didn't have a clue who this kid was until we were linked with him. Also I never said I dont want him at any point, i simply stated that paying a unproven player in this league 7 times his current wage is ridiculous.

I want Everton to pay players what we can afford to pay them. I want Everton to be a well run business where our top earners are our best players who have earned their contracts.

Not the absolute shambles we've been run as for the last 6 years. Our wage bill is far to high for what we are and we are a mid table club. I dont like it but it is what it is and we our financially screwed and a big reason for that is our wage bill is nearly 70% of our income.

Oh, sorry. You a big watcher of the Ukrainian league are you? lol
At best you've watched some YouTube clips of the lad so let's not pretend otherwise.

I'd keep the intelligence shouts to a minimum while you're advocating buying kids you've never seen play for £50m.

Ha! I'm talking as a realist and I know what we have become. Am I happy about it? No, not in the slightest but I'm not going to lie to myself about it. We're mid table and we need to start cutting our cloth accordingly.

We tried to sign the next Cristiano Ronaldo and we ended up with sando on £120kpw. That cost us over £30m that deal for 1 goal.

There are alot of proven LB in the Premier league try watching a game you might see them...they play in the left back position.

Fans have this all the time. ‘Play the kids’ but look at the reaction to Gordon playing. Gordon is miles ahead of Dobbin, he’s had a season in the Pal and a season on loan. Benitez has worked with him and finally trusts him to work both ways and follow a tactical plan. Even then though a lot of fans were moaning that his end product isn’t good enough.

Yet people want him to just throw on Dobbin or Simms to start games. It’s an absolute certain way to just destroy young players careers. For me that’s back to the Ancelotti situation we had last season when Gomes would play and be terrible so the fans would be like ‘why is Davies not playing’, then Davies would play and he’d be just as bad, and a few weeks later it would be ‘why is Gomes not getting a go’. It just shows the paucity of options available and the unsuitability of any of them.

9/10 managers choose Rondon to start a game over some untried kids who have barely played PL football. The fact that Rondon has been in multiple positions to score goals, and has actually scored one, seems to have gone, even when not fully fit, seems to have been ignored. Look at his performance in the derby when he was a very useful player for us.

If the Benitez should be fired argument has resorted to ‘he okayed Rondon over Simms and Dobbin’ then it really is on its last legs.
It clearly shows the difference between fans and those who work in the game.

There are some who cannot see the difference between an experienced professional and an untried boy .
Professional football is not a Sunday league game.
Professional players are given very specific roles and won't be played regularly until they fulfil the role the are given in the team.
Young players have to learn what is expected of them and won't be played until ready.
Simms is still learning, had a great loan move, then a long bad injury and is only now ready to get involved.
I think he may go on loan again next month as he continues to fine tune his game.

As we've seen with some of your shouts over the years its highly likely you didn't have a clue who this kid was until we were linked with him. Also I never said I dont want him at any point, i simply stated that paying a unproven player in this league 7 times his current wage is ridiculous.

I want Everton to pay players what we can afford to pay them. I want Everton to be a well run business where our top earners are our best players who have earned their contracts.

Not the absolute shambles we've been run as for the last 6 years. Our wage bill is far to high for what we are and we are a mid table club. I dont like it but it is what it is and we our financially screwed and a big reason for that is our wage bill is nearly 70% of our income.

At best you've watched some YouTube clips of the lad so let's not pretend otherwise.

I'd keep the intelligence shouts to a minimum while you're advocating buying kids you've never seen play for £50m.

Ha! I'm talking as a realist and I know what we have become. Am I happy about it? No, not in the slightest but I'm not going to lie to myself about it. We're mid table and we need to start cutting our cloth accordingly.

We tried to sign the next Cristiano Ronaldo and we ended up with sando on £120kpw. That cost us over £30m that deal for 1 goal.

There are alot of proven LB in the Premier league try watching a game you might see them...they play in the left back position.

Mate, he's 22 - it isn't exactly a slur on his talent that he's not moved from Kiev yet at the age of 22. And besides, he's literally about to. There's also the caveat here that Kiev are owned by a fella who is renowned for not letting players leave.

From the point of view of whether he's worth the money etc, I have no idea but holding it against him that he's not left Ukraine yet at 22 seems daft

Shevchenko was still playing for Dynamo Kiev at his age.

Mate, he's 22 - it isn't exactly a slur on his talent that he's not moved from Kiev yet at the age of 22. And besides, he's literally about to. There's also the caveat here that Kiev are owned by a fella who is renowned for not letting players leave.

From the point of view of whether he's worth the money etc, I have no idea but holding it against him that he's not left Ukraine yet at 22 seems daft

My point was that zat is saying he's been one of the top 3 u21 defenders in the world over the last 3 years.

I'm not saying the lad won't be a good player or not but he isnt going to come in and be world class like people on this forum are making out.

Shevchenko was still playing for Dynamo Kiev at his age.

He moved to Milan at 22 and in 1999 it was alot harder to spot talent then it is now. An he didn't do too we'll in the Premier league didn't he lol

Seriously though can people please read the comment im replying too and not take what I've said out of context. It was blatantly a flippant remark regarding zats comment about him being one of the best 3 u21 defenders in the world for the last 3 years.

It clearly shows the difference between fans and those who work in the game.

There are some who cannot see the difference between an experienced professional and an untried boy .
Professional football is not a Sunday league game.
Professional players are given very specific roles and won't be played regularly until they fulfil the role the are given in the team.
Young players have to learn what is expected of them and won't be played until ready.
Simms is still learning, had a great loan move, then a long bad injury and is only now ready to get involved.
I think he may go on loan again next month as he continues to fine tune his game.

Exactly.

People seem to think that Simms and Dobbin would have slotted in seamlessly and maybe bagged a few goals and played at a similar level to DCL or Richarlison.

I’ll forecast a far more likely scenario. Dobbin and Simms, both battling fitness issues, would have started games, they might have had a good half of football, maybe even a good game, maybe even two, and then their form would have dipped (as it does for nearly every young player). Even more likely is that being thrown into a team in an injury crisis playing poorly would result in them barely getting a sniff of the ball and having a horrendous start to their careers. No doubt the fans would then be saying ‘why did Benitez buy Rondon to not play him ffs, an experienced PL forward should be getting played rather than letting these kids take the blame for his failings’

Now consider that this fan base had issues with Lukaku Stones and Barkley, called DCL a championship chump for a few seasons, and is currently still moaning about Gordon despite him coming on leaps and bounds.

Now Dobbin and Simms are probably nowhere near the level of these players (or at least not yet) and yet people are claiming that throwing them in not fully fit into one of the most poisonous atmospheres at Everton in a long time is a good idea to start their senior careers? Imagine those lads going onto social media after those games.

Now balance all this against a seasoned old pro like Rondon who needs fitness and has enough experience to take the inevitable fan backlash that has come his way. He even managed to improve drastically during this period.

Fortunately Benitez seems to have a brain and experience that stops him from doing stupid stuff that the fan base would like him to.

I got as far as reading the first paragraph.

My point was that zat is saying he's been one of the top 3 u21 defenders in the world over the last 3 years.

I'm not saying the lad won't be a good player or not but he isnt going to come in and be world class like people on this forum are making out.

Where have i written that exactly :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.