Transfer Rumour Vitor Roque

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onana was a very similar type of signing, and that worked out well for us financially

This is a good point, also the Kean deal.

Also Richarlison was signed by Watford and we brought him in -- but this Roque deal in terms of player 'image' is levels above.

He not your typical Brazilian skilful player. His touch is not the best but that probably why we are signing him as we do have a thing about players who can't dribble or have a decent first touch..

Seems Barcelona are trying to offload everybody not nailed down in order to bring Nico Williams in from Bilbao, which would make a bit more sense.

Front 3 of Williams, Lewandowski and Raphina with Ferran Torres would mean limited games for Roque

If we sign this guy I don’t see him playing as a striker in our system. He’s 5’9” I don’t see him winning many headers when we launch it up the pitch.

He can play wide, so I think he actually a Gnonto alternative.

I was thinking the same. Leeds want most of the 25 million paid upfront. Whereas Barca need their wages reduced to register Olmo.

Barcelona might be more willing to accept a similar fee to Gnonto but spread over his contract.

I was thinking the same. Leeds want most of the 25 million paid upfront. Whereas Barca need their wages reduced to register Olmo.

Barcelona might be more willing to accept a similar fee to Gnonto but spread over his contract.

^^^ This.

On the face of it, this story - penniless Everton bid £25m for teenage Brazilian hopeful - reads like a Goodison News clickbait fairytale, especially in light of Dyche's comments before the Roma game.

However the article in the Spanish press says specifically that Barça want to get their investment back and need to reduce their wage bill, and so are happy to wait for the transfer fee to be paid a couple of years down the line if a deal can be done now.

So you never know? 🤷

No idea if he's any good like - he's still a bloody teenager ffs...

I think this is right, Barcelona are at their squad salary limit, so they need to get someone off the books so they can register Dani Olmo. Barca may even accept us paying nothing until next season and spreading the payments over the contract.

I think with Gnonto Leeds actually want £30m from what's been reported and we only want to pay £25m. But I would have thought Leeds want a big chunk of that now as they have been linked with Jonathan Rowe of Norwich and if they lose Gnonto im sure they will want to bring in another wide player as they have already sold summerville.

I personally hope we sign the kid just so we can all flap over then inevitable buy back clause after he smashes it here.

I miss those days.

Still reckon there's absolutely nothing in this personally.

Unless it's for a stupidly low down payment I really don't see how it's even possible..

Will close for now.

Please continue here;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back