VPN Usage

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Hi everyone,

Just a heads up - in the coming months, we're going to be limiting page views for VPN usage.

We already reject new registrations which are using a VPN.

If this is likely to be a problem for you/if you use a VPN for any particular reason - please send me a direct message and I can try an work to exclude.

This will apply to anyone who doesn't have an active subscription.

Thanks

We can already see VPN usage/it's very obvious.

We're just going to be marking them as restricted in future. Unless, it's a long term member with legit reasons/an we exclude.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

Just a heads up - in the coming months, we're going to be limiting page views for VPN usage.

If this is likely to be a problem for you/if you use a VPN for any particular reason - please send me a direct message and I can try an work to exclude.

Thanks
I don't use a VPN for GOT, so this doesn't impact on me in the slightest, however I do wonder what you mean by limit page views.

They won't be able to see the whole forum, or the number of times they visit per day will be restricted?

Upvote 0

I don't use a VPN for GOT, so this doesn't impact on me in the slightest, however I do wonder what you mean by limit page views.

They won't be able to see the whole forum, or the number of times they visit per day will be restricted?

System detects VPN.

Their account will then be limited to X amount of page views. Probably 50. Even if they switch it off, or change VPN - it'll take a day to restore access and it'll happen again if detected.

We sometimes turn it on for guests to encourage signups.

Upvote 1
We got to three posts before unfounded multi accusations. @GrandOldTeam please protect me from heinous bullying ASAP for the integrity of this site.
Sorry to hear that you are feeling bullied mate 💙
Best thing to do is to be 'not bothered' by these accusations.
Alternatively you could just block all of your followers, In this way they will be 'dealt with' and 'eliminated'
If all else fails tell them that not only are you 'not bothered' but you are 'laughing at' them.
Please post screen shots of any alleged bullying, making sure to post said screen shots repeatedly . . .
and most importantly let them know that you are NOT BOTHERED.
Hope this helps. ;)

Upvote 1
Sorry to hear that you are feeling bullied mate 💙
Best thing to do is to be 'not bothered' by these accusations.
Alternatively you could just block all of your followers, In this way they will be 'dealt with' and 'eliminated'
If all else fails tell them that not only are you 'not bothered' but you are 'laughing at' them.
Please post screen shots of any alleged bullying, making sure to post said screen shots repeatedly . . .
and most importantly let them know that you are NOT BOTHERED.
Hope this helps. ;)

"Bullying" is not a laughing matter

Hi everyone,

Thanks

I only use a VPN if I'm off of 5G+/LTE etc

Meaning if I'm on a public network my devices automatically shift to VPN for security reasons to encrypt my traffic.

Noted what you say about limited page views

Upvote 0
"Bullying" is not a laughing matter

I only use a VPN if I'm off of 5G+/LTE etc

Meaning if I'm on a public network my devices automatically shift to VPN for security reasons to encrypt my traffic.

Noted what you say about limited page views

Basically @GrandOldTeam, don't log in if on an Internet cafe, pub, bar, hotel or similar WiFi as it'll activate the VPN my side, and that will set off alarms and limit my views

Unfortunately. @GrandOldTeam my credit card details and email passwords are more important than logging in here 🤷‍♂️ so will wait till I have 5G+/LTE again etc and off VPN

Upvote 0

Basically @GrandOldTeam, don't log in if on an Internet cafe, pub, bar, hotel or similar WiFi as it'll activate the VPN my side, and that will set off alarms and limit my views

Unfortunately. @GrandOldTeam my credit card details and email passwords are more important than logging in here 🤷‍♂️ so will wait till I have 5G+/LTE again etc and off VPN

It's why there will be x amount of page views.

This is more to prevent permanent/majority VPN use.

Also, there's Split Tunneling/Selective Traffic Routing.

[Edit]

Split Tunneling: Some VPN providers offer a feature called split tunneling, which allows you to choose which traffic goes through the VPN and which goes directly to the internet. If your VPN supports this feature, you can configure it to exclude the specific website from the VPN tunnel.

Here are the steps to enable split tunneling if your VPN provider supports it:

For Windows:
Open your VPN client.
Look for a settings or options menu.
Find the split tunneling section.
Add the website or application you want to exclude from the VPN.
For Mac:
Open your VPN client.
Go to settings.
Find the split tunneling options.
Add the website or application you want to exclude.
For Specific VPN Providers:
ExpressVPN: Go to Options > General > Split Tunneling and manage your split tunneling settings.
NordVPN: Open the app, go to Settings > Split Tunneling and configure as needed.
If your VPN does not support split tunneling, consider switching to a provider that does, if this feature is essential for you.

Upvote 0
It's why there will be x amount of page views.

This is more to prevent permanent/majority VPN use.

Also, there's Split Tunneling/Selective Traffic Routing.

[Edit]

Split Tunneling: Some VPN providers offer a feature called split tunneling, which allows you to choose which traffic goes through the VPN and which goes directly to the internet. If your VPN supports this feature, you can configure it to exclude the specific website from the VPN tunnel.

Here are the steps to enable split tunneling if your VPN provider supports it:

For Windows:
Open your VPN client.
Look for a settings or options menu.
Find the split tunneling section.
Add the website or application you want to exclude from the VPN.
For Mac:
Open your VPN client.
Go to settings.
Find the split tunneling options.
Add the website or application you want to exclude.
For Specific VPN Providers:
ExpressVPN: Go to Options > General > Split Tunneling and manage your split tunneling settings.
NordVPN: Open the app, go to Settings > Split Tunneling and configure as needed.
If your VPN does not support split tunneling, consider switching to a provider that does, if this feature is essential for you.

Understood. Your site. Your rules.

Plus can understand if you have issues of people trying to spoof their details. Plus we know how other teams fans can sometimes try and pile in here causing havoc

Thanks for the information

Upvote 0

Please use VPN more.

Upvote 0

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back