VPN Usage

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Hi everyone,

Just a heads up - in the coming months, we're going to be limiting page views for VPN usage.

We already reject new registrations which are using a VPN.

If this is likely to be a problem for you/if you use a VPN for any particular reason - please send me a direct message and I can try an work to exclude.

This will apply to anyone who doesn't have an active subscription.

Thanks

It's why there will be x amount of page views.

This is more to prevent permanent/majority VPN use.

Also, there's Split Tunneling/Selective Traffic Routing.

[Edit]

Split Tunneling: Some VPN providers offer a feature called split tunneling, which allows you to choose which traffic goes through the VPN and which goes directly to the internet. If your VPN supports this feature, you can configure it to exclude the specific website from the VPN tunnel.

Here are the steps to enable split tunneling if your VPN provider supports it:

For Windows:
Open your VPN client.
Look for a settings or options menu.
Find the split tunneling section.
Add the website or application you want to exclude from the VPN.
For Mac:
Open your VPN client.
Go to settings.
Find the split tunneling options.
Add the website or application you want to exclude.
For Specific VPN Providers:
ExpressVPN: Go to Options > General > Split Tunneling and manage your split tunneling settings.
NordVPN: Open the app, go to Settings > Split Tunneling and configure as needed.
If your VPN does not support split tunneling, consider switching to a provider that does, if this feature is essential for you.
Eh?

Upvote 0
Forgive me, ...
Wouldn't this just increase the multiple account pish taker count? "I've been stopped browsing with X, I'd better continue with Y and then Z to get my fill" so to speak?

Upvote 0

People who think pushing their traffic through a (likely unknown) third party just means the third party *and* the government sees all your stuff. "I don't want my credit card info being seen" ... your credit card info ... that you're entering into a website ... a website that saves your card ... and the website doesn't have good security. I've worked for multiple e-Commerce sites and there are multiple times when someone from IT came into my office panicked saying "did you know we save everyone's credit cards?!?!?!?" ... nobody knew ... $100m+ yearly revenue online ... VPN won't do a damn thing.

Who owns the VPN? Just some nice person with no interest in your data? I think it's logically implausible that most VPNs are good faith actors ... look up data brokers. The thing you're trying to keep secret is worth too much money that the thousands of different VPNs are all legit. It's impossible. Be careful out there. GoT > VPN. Don't pick NK data brokers over the website you like. Everyone can see everything you are doing online and the VPN is a lie. A placebo to make you feel better. Santa isn't real and neither are VPNs.

If it's just to watch US/Japan content then cool -- but don't lie to yourself that it makes you invisible online or keeps your data safe. That's insane. It's for content.

Upvote 0
Everyone can see everything you are doing online and the VPN is a lie. A placebo to make you feel better. Santa isn't real and neither are VPNs.

If it's just to watch US/Japan content then cool -- but don't lie to yourself that it makes you invisible online or keeps your data safe. That's insane. It's for content.

i-would-like-an-attorney-mike-mclusky.gif

Upvote 0
I've worked for multiple e-Commerce sites and there are multiple times when someone from IT came into my office panicked saying "did you know we save everyone's credit cards?!?!?!?" ... nobody knew ... $100m+ yearly revenue online ... VPN won't do a damn thing.
Which businesses are these mate, I'm asking so a bunch of friends with black hats avoid them at all costs x

Upvote 0
People who think pushing their traffic through a (likely unknown) third party just means the third party *and* the government sees all your stuff. "I don't want my credit card info being seen" ... your credit card info ... that you're entering into a website ... a website that saves your card ... and the website doesn't have good security. I've worked for multiple e-Commerce sites and there are multiple times when someone from IT came into my office panicked saying "did you know we save everyone's credit cards?!?!?!?" ... nobody knew ... $100m+ yearly revenue online ... VPN won't do a damn thing.

Who owns the VPN? Just some nice person with no interest in your data? I think it's logically implausible that most VPNs are good faith actors ... look up data brokers. The thing you're trying to keep secret is worth too much money that the thousands of different VPNs are all legit. It's impossible. Be careful out there. GoT > VPN. Don't pick NK data brokers over the website you like. Everyone can see everything you are doing online and the VPN is a lie. A placebo to make you feel better. Santa isn't real and neither are VPNs.

Exactly, A VPN cant compensate for poor security practices on websites. If you use a VPN you are entirely trusting the VPN provider not to snoop/log what you're doing, 99% of corporate VPNs do keep logs and sell your data.

VPNs do actually encrypt your data though, It acts as a personal tunnel so that your data is safe from being sniffed or intercepted. That's why I believe it's good practice to activate a VPN when using a public WIFI.

Upvote 0
It's why there will be x amount of page views.

This is more to prevent permanent/majority VPN use.

Also, there's Split Tunneling/Selective Traffic Routing.

[Edit]

Split Tunneling: Some VPN providers offer a feature called split tunneling, which allows you to choose which traffic goes through the VPN and which goes directly to the internet. If your VPN supports this feature, you can configure it to exclude the specific website from the VPN tunnel.

Here are the steps to enable split tunneling if your VPN provider supports it:

For Windows:
Open your VPN client.
Look for a settings or options menu.
Find the split tunneling section.
Add the website or application you want to exclude from the VPN.
For Mac:
Open your VPN client.
Go to settings.
Find the split tunneling options.
Add the website or application you want to exclude.
For Specific VPN Providers:
ExpressVPN: Go to Options > General > Split Tunneling and manage your split tunneling settings.
NordVPN: Open the app, go to Settings > Split Tunneling and configure as needed.
If your VPN does not support split tunneling, consider switching to a provider that does, if this feature is essential for you.
🙁 iOS / ipadOS doesn’t support split tunnelling (least NordVPN doesn’t)

Upvote 0

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back