• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these comments are ridiculous, a country with 3 million people getting to and making the finals is a good job, nevermind getting out of the group. On top of that we travelled to Asia to play our first two games and then Italy before Amsterdam. All the while Denmark went from home to here and were allowed a big following to cheer them on.

They were tired and didn't do well today but the scoreline is so wide as we put on attacking players to try and get a goal back. Rather lose 3/4 than sit back and defend a 2-0.

To be fair, the bacon boys only have a population of about 5 million.

Not forgetting the manager who's never coached outside of League 1 and has been U21 coach for the last 3/4 years.

I think tactically there was some nieviety with that. After 15 minutes, Denmark realised they needed to change something which they did. They scored and all of that pressure, yet Page didn't change anything after half time.

Indeed it could have been a disaster right from the off without a proper manager. Wales would do well to start looking around now for a permanent solution as I don't think Giggs is getting a not guilty verdict.

Indeed it could have been a disaster right from the off without a proper manager. Wales would do well to start looking around now for a permanent solution as I don't think Giggs is getting a not guilty verdict.

Be interesting to see what the FAW do. Obviously Page has been with a lot of the young players already and some clearly have some good quality but if the next qualifying campaigns go wrong the it's basically an entire generation lost.

Just lack that overall quality really.

Denmark quickly snuffed out Ramsey and Bale, and it showed. Really young squad, with not lots of experience, so this will serve them well going into the WC Qualifying.

Peraonally, felt they did fantastic to get out the group, let alone finish second. Disappointment now, but reflection May be one of more positives than negatives.

A Championship level team.
While the sentiment behind your comment may not be the same as mine, I think that in the mainstay this is a fair comment when you look at their squad.

For me, reaching the last 16 was a success when you consider the quality of their squad; yesterday's match would be a challenge especially with travelling.

Wales were poor yesterday, but overall I think they should be proud of what they achieved.

While the sentiment behind your comment may not be the same as mine, I think that in the mainstay this is a fair comment when you look at their squad.

For me, reaching the last 16 was a success when you consider the quality of their squad; yesterday's match would be a challenge especially with travelling.

Wales were poor yesterday, but overall I think they should be proud of what they achieved.
I wanted Wales to win. The Danes are repulsively exploiting the Eriksen situation.

However, Wales were poor in the whole tournament apart from the game against the Turks. And let's face it, Turkey were atrocious - the worst Turkish team for some years.

I wanted Wales to win. The Danes are repulsively exploiting the Eriksen situation.
Right! They said it had galvanized them all and brought them all closer together or something? If it was me who had had a heart attack and nearly died I would be thinking oh that's nice! Now maybe if our goalie has a stroke we could go on and win this thing!

They need to stop going on about it now cause he's still alive and it's not as if they are playing in dedication to his memory! He still has to watch a tournament he was supposed to be playing in from the sidelines!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back