Warms your heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
(enters smug mode) RBJ you and I forecast this outcome at the beginning of the season, BT now continually on the bench heading towards the exit door, and so many said we were wrong(y) (y) (y)

I'm feeling smug as well Monty because that wasn't the only thing we nailed on perfect, it was us who knew Lescott would be the greatest central defender we've had for a long time. And to think some of you wanted Huth! great minds think alike.

Just to remind you again, lads. :P

p.s. good to talk to you again monty it's been awhile. Went to bluekipper but once again was let down by that bunch of heartless, humourless bastards, toffeeweb is no more.
Grand Old Team, the last great EFC forum? I think so the others are either [Poor language removed] or gone.

Also on the European cover note.
I think we will have to see both an increase in youngster's activities (Boyle, Kissock, Vidarrson, Turner, Anichebe, Vaughan, Jagowaksi or whatever he's called) AND at least 3 - 4 new signings. The UEFA, FA and Carling cups, if we have any aspirations, will be extremely tiring when added next to our other games. Stubbsy and Carsley have been wonderful this season but they won't be able to manage 45 games next year I dont think. We need two wingers, a centreback and another forward I think. Nugent should cover the CF position, perhaps Barry/M. G Pedersen/Downing/Giles Barnes for the winger's positions, centreback, who knows? Only then should we feel confident in Europe.
This means a great investment from the board. But it's absolutely necessary. If we do too well, the workload may destroy our season.

nugent - out of contract this summer, maybe a compo package
billy davies drom crewe? - a free signing i believe
steve sidwell - another possible free, if portsmouth stay strong they could out place reading, shorey and doyle at reading could also be snapped up

we are JUST that left footer away from being so honed and effective, if we were to splurge then alves for RB would be a superb addition.

to see the youngsters doing well. I'm both delighted for, and really proud of, Victor and Vaughany. They can only improve!

Must admit, earlier on the season I was saying on TW that victor isn't good and its aload of hype about nothing. When I played against him he was awful, worst player on the pitch but hopefully he'll go on to become one of the best strikers we've ever produced and my claim to fame could be fouling and skinning him! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back