Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ToffeeTV lads being as cryptic as ever. Leaving themselves covered whatever the outcome...

IMG_4917.webp

How can people find fault with a loan deal? (If that's the case).
He plays his heart out for 12 months for his boyhood club and in at attempt to make it back into the England team for the World Cup. We don't have to commit to paying him high wages beyond this season.

£125/week for one season with his pedigree is definitely worth the risk. Lots of upside to this deal.

How can people find fault with a loan deal? (If that's the case).
He plays his heart out for 12 months for his boyhood club and in at attempt to make it back into the England team for the World Cup. We don't have to commit to paying him high wages beyond this season.

£125/week for one season with his pedigree is definitely worth the risk. Lots of upside to this deal.
It's more a case of why is it a Loan deal?

It's more a case of why is it a Loan deal?

If so, why is it a bad thing Ian?

Get him here for a year, with an agreed free transfer lined up if it works out?

If it doesn't work out and he is indeed past it, we haven't got him for 2/3 years?

I'm not saying it's definitely one or the other. We'll wait and see. But I don't think there'd be much wrong with a loan, and equally I don't think there'd be much wrong with a 2 yr deal either.

Ibrahimovic, Sheringham??? Gareth Barry???

All three of those players had shown in the preceding seasons that they could still perform at the same standard. None of the three are known for their pace/dynamism as being a massive part of their game. Pirlo is another one seeing as you are listed great older players who have nothing in common with Rooney and his position in football currently.

Lol why would we care what clubs of other fans think about this? We don't care what the RS say... except when they're mean and it hurts my feelings because Wayne Rooney might not be the best signing we've ever made even though there's a good chance he'll be really good for us and at a one year loan for half his wages that we can easily afford why the hell not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back