Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
his touch was horrible four years ago and it still is now. No creativity, no pace.

He was a worldclass player till 26 but since then he's one of the most overrated players in English football. He can't play as a striker and a 10 bcause he isn't that good anymore.

Looked rotten tonight :/ should only be a squad option in my opinion. If we are relying on him to score 20 we are in big trouble.

All good, playing on a awful pitch, we have to judge him on what he is, a player we got on a free, not judge him on the player he was and worry about what he has lost, a lot of the better things we did tonight came through Rooney, im not worried about him, but i might be worried on the whole side, once we get Siggy we will luck so much better.

Looks like he's still trying to do everything imo due to the lack of movement/pace in the side.

Until we get a creative player and start playing with some pace on the flanks, I don't think we'll get the best out of him.

Watch about an hour the game before I turned the telly off in disgust because of his performance. His inability to adapt to his loss of pace is baffling for a player once considered World Class.

Drogba, Lampard, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Zlatan are examples of players that were able to adapt as their physical abilities waned yet Rooney has looked finished before he even hit 30. I thought he just lost his passion for the game at United & the change of scenery could do him good yet he looks even worse.

His technical ability in particular looks shockingly poor for a player once lauded for his vision, passing range, intelligence & skill levels.

150k a week we got robbed blind by Utd £75 million plus a past it player for one of the best young players in the world. Said it all along £7 million for Valencia I would have actually rathered him atleast he could have come off the bench and offered something else.

Not a great start but it always has taken Rooney a few games to get into the flow.

I much preferred the 18 year old Rooney though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back