Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worse of a terrible bunch today, I said in the match thread after 32 mins he had sloppily given the ball away 5 times, his indecisiveness with Cuco cost us the goal. He isn't good enough for that position in my opinion.

Should never have come back. Had the chance in 2014 to leave united with only 1 year remaining, could of come then with plenty of medals in his back pocket and still something to give.

But no, he waited until he was completely finished as a striker and then came. And all this could of moved to China is nonsense, his wife was pregnant at the time and with 3 young kids starting school. which is why there was no chance of him going abroad

Since the age of 16 he has played full on at the top , yes he's finished but I do not know of any other player in this country that has come close . His football brain is still way ahead of many .

17 times?! I counted four.

He wasn’t great yesterday but still defended when we needed him and moved the ball forward with long and short passes. Works really well with gana.

Showed immense leadership and passion today, just a shame he can’t play football anymore. Or lead. But passion seems to be enough for Allardyce.

Everton are finished mate. He’s just part of it.
We’ll carry on, mate. We have the budget and we pay big wages. We just need the clueless bellends on the board to be removed and people with a plan installed.

Rooney on the other hand is an absolute waste of a place in the squad. We’re shoehorning him into a side and then claiming we’re an ambitious club.

Took on Man Utd’s problem and we’re paying him the highest wage at the club for the privilege.

This has Kenwright’s prints all over it.

..he’s still a terrific footballer but it’s plain that the current team model is not effective, especially away from home where we struggle to make any impact in the opposition half. Rooney doesn’t alleviate the obvious lack of pace and athleticism in that area of the pitch.

17 times?! I counted four.

He wasn’t great yesterday but still defended when we needed him and moved the ball forward with long and short passes. Works really well with gana.

Was no worse than Gueye or the monumental talent vaccuum that is Tom Davies, but is just an easy hate figure for the misguided.

Was no worse than Gueye or the monumental talent vaccuum that is Tom Davies, but is just an easy hate figure for the misguided.

That was the problem mate, all 3 of them were piss poor with the ball and it seems like where every other team might have a couple of players not bang on it, we have 8 or 9.

Davies got into some terrific pockets of soace but didn't do anything with it, Rooney was painfully slow in releasing the ball numerous times and Gueye was piss poor in all that he done ( or didn't do ).

I don't think I've seen a side like ours where 8/9 players can play so badly so consistently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back