Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey lads, think about this - Rooney isn’t as old or good as Christiano Ronaldo. Ridiculous isn’t it? Thought he’d be at least on parr with the worlds best player when we signed him on a free.

Incredible really when you think about it. He's not even as good as David Silva in midfield you know?!?! Yes yes ok ok David Silva is a World Cup winner and was possibly the top midfielder in the country for a couple of years but he's nowhere near as good as him hahaha

That's handy, there are 10-12 weaker teams in the league so he'll be boss 20-24 games a season, about 12x the amount Davies will manage

This is about it. He shouldn't be put in that position against the top teams. Although there is still a chance he will continue to improve if he plays week in week out to perhaps enable him in future to start in these games if he plays in front of say Gana and Benni who can do the leg work, enabling him to concentrate on link play and providing the one pass to break through a defence.

This is about it. He shouldn't be put in that position against the top teams. Although there is still a chance he will continue to improve if he plays week in week out to perhaps enable him in future to start in these games if he plays in front of say Gana and Benni who can do the leg work, enabling him to concentrate on link play and providing the one pass to break through a defence.

It's almost as if the thought is - and this would be incredible, and I mean that - Gueye / Davies / Schneiderlin are supposed to be even remotely effective midfield holding players and recycle the ball for the better players (like Rooney and Walcott) to use effectively. Only slight problem there is those three mentioned are actually horrible at football.

Yesterday you wouldn't have trusted Davies to make a ten yard pass to an Everton shirt.

Gives the ball away far too much to play in the position he is trying to play, he also does not have the physical capability to play 90 minutes in his 'new' position and the minutes he does play he does not have the stamina or pace anymore to do the job that the role dictates, but hey he can spray a good pass, well one out of 10 at least may find a team mate.

He should be used as a sub striker/number 10 all his goals that he got that weren't from penalties were when he played further forward at the start of the season.

It's almost as if the thought is - and this would be incredible, and I mean that - Gueye / Davies / Schneiderlin are supposed to be even remotely effective midfield holding players and recycle the ball for the better players (like Rooney and Walcott) to use effectively. Only slight problem there is those three mentioned are actually horrible at football.

Yesterday you wouldn't have trusted Davies to make a ten yard pass to an Everton shirt.

I wouldn't go that far about those three, each has shown in past games they can do something but like Rooney they are not being effectively utilised (or properly motivated). I do agree with the general point though, they haven't been able to move the ball well enough at the back. We are also not set up correctly, such as I don't think Davies should be ahead of Rooney, why have the legs not actually in the engine room? Surely Davies should be one of the players who have that energy to work a few triangles to bypass 3/4 opposition players (esp. against a pressing side like the RS). I don't think Davies really provides a threat or adds to the team around the box, where Rooney's goal tally proves otherwise. We have seen Rooney run games such as the West Ham at home. I can't see how we can applaud him and say he is great in that game then just dismiss him because he is being asked to do a job when we as a whole are being overrun.

Rooney was terrible yesterday and it had nothing to do with the other players in the team

Rooney is completely and utterly finished, any one who doesn't see that is clueless! He can't pass or run, yes he clearly has football intelligence but nothing of what you need to make it work. We need a central midfielder who puts his foot on the ball and passes through the middle and unlocks defences. That said our problems are bigger than just Rooney!

Rooney was terrible yesterday and it had nothing to do with the other players in the team

Yes it did, as explained. Our best player didn't play to form, true, but he was unlucky to get hooked before Tom No Skills and Bolasie

Rooney has his best games when he is pushing further forward...

Dm is no good for him against top 6 as he is not quick enough...

Wayne will come back but has to accept that he is not guaranteed a first team place...

Can still be a very effective impact player in key games...

A Gana, Benni, Rooney midfield isn't going to get us very far. Then where does Siggy fit in?

Incredible really when you think about it. He's not even as good as David Silva in midfield you know?!?! Yes yes ok ok David Silva is a World Cup winner and was possibly the top midfielder in the country for a couple of years but he's nowhere near as good as him hahaha
He's being paid like a top player, which is why people are disappointed that he's the furthest thing from being one.

£150k a week to look half-decent in the type of home games that Everton have been winning comfortably since Smith left.

I wonder if we could tempt Carrick to play centre-half here next season. I know he's no longer fit for purpose at a real team, but what a thrill it it would be to see him pass out from the back against Huddersfield.

A Gana, Benni, Rooney midfield isn't going to get us very far. Then where does Siggy fit in?

We of course wouldn't play them for every match, I was talking against the top sides. Doesn't matter how many skillful players you have in the team if you never get a foothold in the game.

Sigurdsson would have taken Bolasie's place yesterday.

He is so slow on the ball.

Why he insists on crap dinks into the box instead of keeping it on the floor I'll never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back