Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy Carrol and Diniyar Bilyaletdinovwere apparently Liverpoolsnd Everton’s fastest players one season. Meant nothing though as both had such slow acceleration they were top of the ‘slowest’ players on the pitch where it’s all about the zip over 5 or ten yards. So no I am t really need some top speed stats from Rooney in 20-3 to know that he is too slow to play in midfield for us in 2018.

Fair enough.

I'm only judging his pace on having watched him run round the pitch playing for us this season with my own eyes.

Absolutely sweating like Kenwright at an AGM after about 5 mins is Wayne.
Booze and fags catch up with you at his age dead quick.

Alot of good players can look slow depending on the system used by the manager.

Look how much slower Sanchez looks under Mourinho since leaving Everton.

Its all down to the manager.

Players like Silva, Otamendi etc are much slower than Rooney but you wouldn't know it dude to the the way city play with high intensity and pressing to win the ball back immediately.

Reactions: Tak

Players like Silva, Otamendi etc are much slower than Rooney but you wouldn't know it dude to the the way city play with high intensity and pressing to win the ball back immediately.

God I wish sanchez played for us.

Even today the best position for him is behind the striker not deep lying midfielder. He is not Scholes.
His running and timing in to the box is second to none :drunk:

What about games like Bournemouth and Watford at home when we were getting beat and looking dreadful until we subbed him and went on to win?
We can choose to believe whether the come back in those games were more because of the subbing of Rooney or the brilliance of Prince Oumar. The other one that I also remember was the three goals conceded to United after Rooney was subbed with ten minutes to go.

First class

if he stays I would play him along side Tosun and let Tosun do the running ,where as Rooney still have the footballing intelligence to know where to be at the right time. Sigs behind them. proper 4-4-2

images

Enough said really
These speeds were recorded whilst he was running to the ref to have a moan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back