We could still make it to Top 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDevils2001

Player Valuation: £15m
I can see what everyone are worry about, but it's too early to go too low just yet, West Ham beat Man Utd at home, Portsmouth lost to Middlesbrough at home, Chelsea almost drew today, Spurs coming back strongly against back to form Reading!

I believe the so call big 4 would still drop alot of points in the 2nd half of the season, Portsmouth would be in more trouble, Aston Villa is a inconsistent team and eventually we would pull further away from Villa and Portsmouth, our next 2 games is important it would decide whether or not we could go above Man City or having to chase them afterward!

I could see RS form dipping once again soon, if we could keep up similar form or better to 1st half of the season I expect we will be above Man City and level on points with the RS and close to Chelsea as well!

Our Home and Away Carling Cup games would be a good test for us and great practice before the league match against Chelsea later on, we would be playing a under strength 1st eleven in both match, as Arteta out of first legs and Pienaar out of 2nd legs, and the result would give us a reasonable prediction to the possible result we could get when played with full squad.

We always going to be up for the Derby game against the RS, I won't worried about that is fact it couold bring a stronger finish to April and May like the first Derby match, same goes Arsenal we feel hard done and should be up for that match as well!

Takes the points total although the season we finish 4th, 19 games we already on 40 points and we only manage 21 points in next 19 games and before Bolton game we have already got 36 points and in 2nd place, but this season it would be only 3rd place above Chelsea, but then we are weak on 2nd half season, in fact awlful in the last 5 games, we only manage 4 points out of possible 15 pts!

I tell you what let's say we keep similar form, currently we got 33 pts in 20 games, that's 1.65 pts per game and in 38 games we did have 62.7 pts, in contast the season we finish 4th in the 1st 19 games we manage 2.11 pts per game, but in the next 19 games we only manage 1.11 pts per game!

Did you see the contrast in the 2nd half of the season we scored 1 pts less per game compare to first half, what a big difference it could made?

In matter of fact I expect us to score more than 62.7 pts this season in the next 18 games, probably 66~70 pts, i think we could manage 11 wins and couple of draws in our last 18 matchs.

It's not unrealistic that's only score between 1.83~2.06 points per game or another 33~37 points starting from Middlesbrough match and we only have to played RS away, Arsenal away & Chelsea at home, I expect we did get a win and 2 draw minimum from these 3 matches, that's why the Man City 2 games and Portsmouth home game would be the key to us finishing in the Top 4 or just Top 6!

No doubt the other games against the likes of Blackburn, Reading, Spurs & Aston Villa would be important games, but no doubt they would drop points along the way, so keeping above them would not be a problem!

List of my prediction on upcoming matches:-

Middlesbrough (A) Win 2-0
Man City (H) Win 1-0
Wigan Sun (A) Win 2-1
Tottenham (H) Win/draw 0-0
Blackburn (A) Win/draw 0-0
Reading (H) Win 1-0
Man City (A) Win/draw 2-0
Portsmouth (H) Win 3-1
Sunderland (A) Win 0-1

Fulham (A) win/draw
West Ham (H) Win
Liverpool (A) Win/lost
Derby (H) Win
Birmingham (A) Win

Chelsea (H) draw
Aston Villa (H) draw/Win
Arsenal (A) draw
Newcastle (H) Win

That how I predict on how we did do by the end of the season, what do you guys think?

But what's important now is 3 points from Middlesbrough game!

Last edited:
We always have a chance as long as we're near the pack, we need to keep on getting results against the bottom half of the table, wins. The teams in the top half - newcastle, villa, portsmouth we still need to play them at home and those are definitely winning situations. It might come down to whether we can beat RS and Man City as well.

My goodness. You lot sound exactly like Tottenham fans in the summer.

Everton are impressive and Moyes is turning the team into a real force but don't get ahead of yourselves. The top four will be Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool for a while. Sure those four will drop points but so will you. If you honestly think you'll break into top four this season then.....:P. I'm pretty sure City will take the 5th spot.

My goodness. You lot sound exactly like Tottenham fans in the summer.

Everton are impressive and Moyes is turning the team into a real force but don't get ahead of yourselves. The top four will be Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool for a while. Sure those four will drop points but so will you. If you honestly think you'll break into top four this season then.....:P. I'm pretty sure City will take the 5th spot.

We don't need an Arsenal fans worry how we predict we did do by the end of the season, but i could tell you I had Man Utd finish above Arsenal by the end of the season!

And for your information, we are not arrogant like you guys and certainly not like Spurs what we have here is a position to finish in the Top 4 and facts on number of points we could be getting and should be enough to finish in that position if we could keep up the form!

We don't need an Arsenal fans worry how we predict we did do by the end of the season, but i could tell you I had Man Utd finish above Arsenal by the end of the season!

And for your information, we are not arrogant like you guys and certainly not like Spurs what we have here is a position to finish in the Top 4 and facts on number of points we could be getting and should be enough to finish in that position if we could keep up the form!

Everton have the class to break into the top four but realistically, I don't see it happening this season. The potential is def. there as you can see in the performances but consistency?

Because?

Utd play bad = loss.
We play bad = 4 -1.

Stop being so bitter. It's so obvious. I'm not saying we'll win it but I think we've got a good chance.

Haha, for your information you didn't play badly yesterday in fact the best match since you guys dip in form, and Man Utd should have at least got a draw is Ronaldo didn't miss the PK before West Ham score again.

Arsenal are a good team but still too young your form would dip again soon enough and Man Utd would be back on top, just telling you that's how we predict things and didn't change because we lost to you guys yesterday.

Everton have the class to break into the top four but realistically, I don't see it happening this season. The potential is def. there as you can see in the performances but consistency?

Don't need you tell us we have the class to break into top 4, when we have less class we did it couple season back, so we know how to do it any way.

Consistency, right?

Just before Man Utd games we were 13 matches unbeaten in all competition, and we could certainly start another one.

Haha, for your information you didn't play badly yesterday in fact the best match since you guys dip in form, and Man Utd should have at least got a draw is Ronaldo didn't miss the PK before West Ham score again.

Arsenal are a good team but still too young your form would dip again soon enough and Man Utd would be back on top, just telling you that's how we predict things and didn't change because we lost to you guys yesterday.

Wow. Did you even watch the full match? United were woeful today and West Ham deserved ALL three points. Goto United forums and they'll all admit that. It's obvious that your bitterness and bias against Arsenal is clouding your judgment.

Wow. Did you even watch the full match? United were woeful today and West Ham deserved ALL three points. Goto United forums and they'll all admit that. It's obvious that your bitterness and bias against Arsenal is clouding your judgment.

Ok, I admit I didn't watch the match or bother to watch this week highlight yet, but base on what I heard from bar tender that Man Utd had a PK and they miss to go 2-0 up.

hey, you too say when top team play badly but still able to get a result is what it takes to be champion, but still you can get win or draw all of those one!

I'll say this much.

If we're gonna break into the top four, we'd better go on one heck of a run of points because our last four are against Arsenal, Villa, Chelsea, & Newcastle.

And our last 4 last season? Man Utd, Portsmouth, Chelsea, *cant remember other one* and we got 4 points from those 3 and couldve got more.

Also, 3 of those last 4 games you showed there are at home. We are progressing which is a good sign, even if we dont break into the top 4 this year, the side is progressing well, playing well and doing much better in all competitions.

I'll say this much.

If we're gonna break into the top four, we'd better go on one heck of a run of points because our last four are against Arsenal, Villa, Chelsea, & Newcastle.

It's never going to be easy but it's possible, here are the left over match list and prediction of result I have on them:-

Middlesbrough (A) Win
Man City (H) Win
Wigan Sun (A) Win
Tottenham (H) Win

Blackburn (A) draw
Reading (H) Win
Man City (A) lost/draw
Portsmouth (H) Win
Sunderland (A) Win

Fulham (A) lost/win
West Ham (H) Win
Liverpool (A) Win/lost
Derby (H) Win
Birmingham (A) Win

Chelsea (H) draw
Aston Villa (H) draw
Arsenal (A) lost/draw
Newcastle (H) Win

Here is my predict on games we could almost gurantee and there is 11 of them, and a win or lose situation when we play RS (A) and Fulham (A), Fulham for some reason we couldn't beat them away, so we might get 3 points off them this time?

Where is the draws going to come from I think we could get a draw from Blackburn (A), Chelsea (H) & Aston Villa (H).

It's going to be tough away to these ground so I believe it would be a draw or we did lose at Man City (A) & Arsenal (A).

So, i expect us to get around 11 wins, 4 lost and 4 draws in our last 18 games, but I believe some win game could be turn to a draw while draw game could become a win to us!

If truth be told, this year more than any other, we have competition from some of the lesser clubs like city, villa et al.

I think we are progressing extremely well, but when it comes down to the wire, as moyes says, its the results against the so called top 4 that do matter if your wanting to get into the mix, and also a strong run of consistancy, which we had up until the utd game.

I am not looking at this through rose tinted glasses here, we are playing in 4 competitions, still a smallish squad, and with the ANC coming very soon, its gonna hurt us more than we can admit.

Sure we have anichebe and vaughny et al, but the truth is, we have just lost half the midfield either through injury or sending off.

Personally I think we have had a tremendous season, progressed to the last 32 of the eufa cup, in the semi's against chelski, and still 6th in the league.
This has been the best season we have had for an extremely long time 20 years +, I for one wouldnt complain one bit if we failed to reach 4th spot and the champions league...dont get me wrong it would cap a tremendous season and exceptional progress, but I really cant see it happening, not if we want to continue to progress in europe and the cups, remember we have a small squad..even if we win nothing this season, moyes has justified my belief in him again because progress has been made.

Small squad, a lot of upcoming games in all competitions, anc is going to hit us hard until feb. The Yak has been inspirational at times with his goals for us.

I want to believe we are at the level of breaking into the top 4 this season, but right now I think we are just a little too short, regardless of the results against the top four..we need more players so we can fight on all fronts, so certain team members can be rested..remember that we arent used to this, so a bigger squad is necessary..players are gonna dip in form, and we need replacements for when they do, to pick them back to get back into the team.

We might not have the best known names in our team, apart from perhaps neville, cahill and stubbs. I think imo as long as we qualify for europe next year I will be happy with what has been achieved, and that moyes really does some big spending come jan and the summer, for a real good go for the top 4 spot next year. Between me and you I think we are only a couple of years away from challenging for the title, if you look at the progress that has been made in just this year alone..we keep going like that, and it just be a top 4 slot, it will be us who are the champions...a pipe dream? maybe but oh what a fantastic thing if would happen :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back