We miss our golden boy...Naisy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mashtray

Player Valuation: £25m
Is it maybe a coincidence that our recent drop in form has come during a layoff for our golden boy?

hes literally the spirit of our team.

Naismith has been the focal point of our attack this season so we're bound to miss him. Also McCarthy being out at the same time hasn't helped, massive hole in the team when hes out.

It's our defence that's been struggling this season not so much our attack, losing McCarthy has been a bigger blow during the last 2 games than losing Naismith.

It's our defence that's been struggling this season not so much our attack, losing McCarthy has been a bigger blow during the last 2 games than losing Naismith.
But theres also a knock on effect, we miss the pressing of naisimth and his intelligence of when to drop back to stop the 2 CM getting swamped. Barkley doesnt do that at the mo

But theres also a knock on effect, we miss the pressing of naisimth and his intelligence of when to drop back to stop the 2 CM getting swamped. Barkley doesnt do that at the mo

Harry Kane and Eriksen wouldn't have had the freedom of WHL on Sunday with McCarthy snapping into tackles, neither would Aluko and Livermore on Wednesday both games we lead and looked comfortable in before the defence came under some sustained pressure.

Naismith is a fine player and at the moment offers more to us than Barkley, who's clearly out of sorts after his injury. But if you can't protect your defence and control the middle of the park you'll always been likely to concede.

Harry Kane and Eriksen wouldn't have had the freedom of WHL on Sunday with McCarthy snapping into tackles, neither would Aluko and Livermore on Wednesday both games we lead and looked comfortable in before the defence came under some sustained pressure.

Naismith is a fine player and at the moment offers more to us than Barkley, who's clearly out of sorts after his injury. But if you can't protect your defence and control the middle of the park you'll always been likely to concede.
Barrys been uncharacteristically poor the past few matches, besics having to do the work of 2, would have Besic and McCarthy in there when hes fit again

i think i just miss the fact that he would literally break his body chasing the game. and the last games have seen us almost succumb to a loss and draw. its almost like its ok. blame form etc. but naisy seems to carry the whole heart of the team and fans. but yes McCarthy is a MASSIVE miss too

Barrys been uncharacteristically poor the past few matches, besics having to do the work of 2, would have Besic and McCarthy in there when hes fit again

I don't think Barry's been communicating very well with Besic personally, the Wolfsburg game and at times against Spurs and Hull Besic was all over the place like a headless chicken. Barry being the senior player should have been on at the inexperience lad and talking him through where to go and when to go but he's not been.

I wonder if he's still feeling the injury from Sunderland and he's more concerned about concentrating on his own game while he's not 100%, I'd imagine given how quickly he came back it was more through necessity rather than him being ready.

I don't think Barry's been communicating very well with Besic personally, the Wolfsburg game and at times against Spurs and Hull Besic was all over the place like a headless chicken. Barry being the senior player should have been on at the inexperience lad and talking him through where to go and when to go but he's not been.

I wonder if he's still feeling the injury from Sunderland and he's more concerned about concentrating on his own game while he's not 100%, I'd imagine given how quickly he came back it was more through necessity rather than him being ready.
Disagree on besic completely he was doing two peoples jobs for them in the closing down department. Wasn't like a headless chicken at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.