We really could play in europe next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Cardiff or Swansea get in via some sneaky backdoor hustle*, then in the name of fairness they should take Wales' european slots. You're either Welsh or you're not, FFS.

(*As well as being a way of getting into europe, this is also my preferred way of pulling)

Any idea what happens if Chelsea finish outside of the top 4 but win this season's Champions League? I'm assuming that whoever finishes 4th will be 'demoted' to the Europa League, would that have a knock on effect to other Europa League placings?

How about if Chelsea win the Champions League, and beat Liverpool in the FA Cup final, but finish 5th?

Any idea what happens if Chelsea finish outside of the top 4 but win this season's Champions League? I'm assuming that whoever finishes 4th will be 'demoted' to the Europa League, would that have a knock on effect to other Europa League placings?

How about if Chelsea win the Champions League, and beat Liverpool in the FA Cup final, but finish 5th?

They would go in CL.

There is a scenario where you can finish 4th (cl qualifier) win fa cup (europa).

Go out of cl qualifier, enter Europa and get knocked out at an earlier stage than if you had taken the original Europa place for the fa Cup winner.

in your scenario Chelsea would go in CL.

dont waste your breath debating it lids its not going to happen. I highly doubt our players will recover from that second half after so much hope was laid down on winning the cup. we wont beat utd and i doubt toon will lose all remaining games st james is not an easy ground to goto.

They would go in CL.

There is a scenario where you can finish 4th (cl qualifier) win fa cup (europa).

Go out of cl qualifier, enter Europa and get knocked out at an earlier stage than if you had taken the original Europa place for the fa Cup winner.

in your scenario Chelsea would go in CL.

Cheers Reidy, yeah I knew Chelsea would go into the Champs League, just wondered if it would have a knock on effect to the Europa League placings. I guess all that would happen would be as neither Liverpool or Chelsea required the FA Cup 'Europa slot', it would just go to the next team in the league, but as the 4th placed team were no longer in the Champs League, it wouldnt mean that an 'extra' place would open up for us??? CHrist Im going to stop now, my head hurts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back