weird things that happened during the match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not an Everton one, but when I was a teenager, I used to go to a few Wigan games with my cousin when Everton were away or not playing to get my footy fix. Still to this day one of the funniest things Ive ever seen was an old boy in a mobility scooter run over Wigan's mascot . (Not a kid mascot, the bloke with the big fluffy costume!)

I was in the Top Balcony when di Canio caught the ball when our keeper went down injured. I'll always remember the feeling; as he caught the ball there was a split second of deadly silence whilst everyone's minds processed what was going on, before the entire ground stood up and clapped.

Hairs on the back of my neck typing this!

Not an Everton one, but when I was a teenager, I used to go to a few Wigan games with my cousin when Everton were away or not playing to get my footy fix. Still to this day one of the funniest things Ive ever seen was an old boy in a mobility scooter run over Wigan's mascot . (Not a kid mascot, the bloke with the big fluffy costume!)
Dave Whelan never did get over that broken leg.

I was in the Top Balcony when di Canio caught the ball when our keeper went down injured. I'll always remember the feeling; as he caught the ball there was a split second of deadly silence whilst everyone's minds processed what was going on, before the entire ground stood up and clapped.

True story to add to that and I was there as well. 3 years later while wandering thru Rome at closing time one night looking for some grub we ended up in a tiny restaurant and there were di canio posters everywhere. With pigeon Italian and English on both sides we re-enacted Di canio at Everton to a chorus of "Si Si" from all the staff and then the old mama chef produced a photo album - she was di canio's Aunty - amazing night followed on from there!

Weirdest thing I've seen was when Don Hutchison turned round and cracked Richard Gough right on the chin during a game. Got no doubt that Gough absolutely pasted him everywhere in the changies after the final whistle.

Weird one at old Trafford away last year....an old fella collapsed with a dodgy ticker and all the everton fans were trying to get stewards to help and they were laughing and smiling.....nearly had a riot on there hands

Duncan absolutely flattening the lad from Dinamo Bucharesti and walking off serenely, think everyone in the stadium saw it apart from the officials.

The other would be seeing Scott Gemmill employed weekly as a professional footballer

Reactions: emb

When radzinski came to Goodson after leaving us for Fulham and during the warm up Thomas gravesen was booing him with the crowd and radzinski was in hysterics.

Richard wrong injuring himself during the warm up was pretty strange but also absolutely idiotic from his part with the sign saying do not train in this goal area

Reactions: emb

Yeah i remember that, while it was a nice gesture he tried to make out it was a givin he would of scored if he had not stopped the game, which was a bit far fetched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back