Were we ever this bad....

Would you have bobby back/rewind the clock knowing everything that has happened?

• Yes

Votes: 49 25.4%
  • No

Votes: 116 60.1%
  • Maybe, aslong as we still got investment

Votes: 23 11.9%
  • Cheese on toast.

Votes: 5 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteStocksDJ

Player Valuation: £8m
Under Martinez..

Yes. I'll admit.. the amount of one sided defeats hurt.

But games Vs teams outside of the top6 were never really much of a concern as to what everton would turn up?

I remember bobby saying he would rather get beat by playing the football he wanted....rather than win 1-0 a la allardyce tactics

Question is.... What would you rather have now we know what life has been like without him.

Yes. And we probably will be again. Stuff changes in football.

Edit: Didn't quite read the thread properly but yes we were equally bad at the end of Martinez but at least he produced some good times and had a desire to improve us. It just didn't work out. Sam's behaviour and disregard for the standards of the club are embarassing and we carry a stigma for as long as he stays

Under Martinez..

But games Vs teams outside of the top6 were never really much of a concern as to what everton would turn up?

I remember bobby saying he would rather get beat by playing the football he wanted....rather than win 1-0 a la allardyce tactics

Question is.... What would you rather have now we know what life has been like without him.

Ste genuine question, is that a real collar or one of those clip on ones priests use?

Also yes Martinez very bad.

Don't get me wrong.

I'm 100% in the dreamboat that is Fonseca camp.

But. Playing football on the deck has its flaws as we found out under Martinez ... However...if Fonseca is able to recognise when to shut up shop .. then that could be the key to us gaining an extra couple of places in the league. (Assuming he gets the right personnel in to play)

Under Martinez..

The problem with Martinez is that I really think he had the potential to take us down. We had the nucleus of a really good side and it was being wasted before our eyes. With him in charge right now, I think we'd actually be in a worse position than we currently are.

I agree we had the nucleus of a good side...but stones had tried to leave once already... And it was clear lukaku never had any intention of staying more than 5 years. Unless we won the league or qualified for champs league in consecutive years...

Barkley may have stayed. But he also would have still been turning around in circles, fake shotting 35 times before playing a sideways pass.

"Don't let it be forgot, that once there was a spot, for one brief, shining moment, that was known as Camelot."

Everton season 2013/14 - the best since Kendall's first period in charge.

Please dont mention Martinez in relation to Samosaurus, it's like comparing Joy Division to Chaz and Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.