What a day….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pick for manager, a proper ex midfielder who understands how to make a team tick, followed by two more midfielders who are both class. I now have more confidence in our future than I’ve had for twenty years…bring it on Frank…..
There's no middle ground is there, were all on the upswing of the mood cycle, where the sounds are brighter, the colours louder, the roar of the greaspaint the smell of the crowd.

On the flip, they all thought/think Rafael was a great appointment..

What? No one thought that other than a few folks here.

Lampard immediately makes much more sense as he doesn't have a history of feuding with the team's most high profile player and commercial asset, isn't forever associated to Everton's arch rival, and hasn't (that I know of) insulted Everton.

Bretford in the cup is going to be so weird, whoever gets picked to play in midfield will know that only a top draw performance will allow them to have a chance of retaining that shirt for the following League match, Donny and Dele (Sounds like an American sit-com!) will be watching and waiting hopefully eager to impress whatever happens when they given the chance. I am happier than I was a couple of days ago, and am warming to the cockney geezer already, let's hope he doesn't turn out to be an Arthur Daley. keep off the 'stair rods' and the 'VAT' and 'the world will be your lobster.'

There's no middle ground is there, were all on the upswing of the mood cycle, where the sounds are brighter, the colours louder, the roar of the greaspaint the smell of the crowd.

Happy that you're swinging up because if FF cant get our drfence sorted we are still in deep doggy poo. We needed a DM and a CB because Keane Holgate and Allan (Gbamin) are all very average.

Agree re: weak spots at the back. Fullbacks are so green and not yet physically mature, even. Each of our CBS had a major detriment.

Agree also the glut of midfielders recalls the “three No 10” summer.

Trying to forget the times when Everton won the transfer window and bombed on the pitch.

Otherwise; Sound.

Now let's get some wins and achieve safety, and then build on that going forward. I hope Moshiri has learned his lessons, and just leaves this manager get on with his job.

Frank Lampard was a great player, and as a manager he has a serious point to prove. I'm really confident that he'll do a great job for us tbh. In Lampard We Trust.;)

Lampard has had to gamble in the transfer market. Lots of question marks….but I really hope it works out for him. Only certainty is that we bought a player in Patterson. The rest is unknown at this stage.

I'm sure Lampard has had a look at the teams performances this season and decided, with good reason, that the biggest problems we have are, the disorganization in defence and the lack of quality in midfield. He probably has decided that defensive solidity can be improved on the training ground, but, that the lack of quality in midfield could only be addressed by bringing in some players with natural ability.

It's not as if he had unlimited time or money to make his signings and I'm sure he's prioritized and brought in the players he thought we most urgently needed. I'm sure, provided we stay up,that we will see big changes in the summer, at least one big sale and some solid purchases.

Hope it all works out but just seems to me we are making the same mistakes all over again, rushing in to making signings. 2 amc / forwards? Would probably be the last position I think we need sorting. Both on big wages. A run of the mill prem cb / dmc would have instantly made us better.
We moan about how slow we are and sign 2 more slow players. 2 players that will get run past more than Gomes. I'm hopeful it will improve us tho (what couldn't) it just seems more lazy, lack of planning signings.
Crying out for young hungry signings and we get people on big wages who can't get anywhere near teams 4-8th, apparently where we want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.