What are you currently listening to?

Bear with me here this turned into a bit of a ramble, sorry.
There is a quote along the lines of "if there is an achievement to be made in the music business Elvis did it first"
I started this post yesterday, 47 years after his passing but I got side-tracked by a man and his dog and then forgot. I was going to open a new thread so if @GrandOldTeam and the mods want me to I will but it might turn into a slanging match and I after today's brutality at Goodison I don't want to get banned for swearing again.
So anyway, In memorial to The King of Rock 'n' Roll. A man often imitated but never equalled who had an impact on music rivalled only by possibly Mozart and Beethoven. A unique one of a kind performer, movie star and heartthrob loved by Millions who joined the Army at the height of his fame.
It makes me so sad that he died before I was born and I grew up believing he was just a Fat druggie stumbling around the stage doing bad Karate moves, before dying on the crapper, a punchline and nothing more (I could kill Freddy Starr) something so far from the truth apart from the last 2 years of his sadly short life after being robbed blind by a conman only interested in him for his money who plied him full of handfuls of drugs.
If it hadn't been for my first boss when I was 16 tormenting me every day for 6 months by only listening to Elvis despite my protests I might have still believed it but at some point he bought an album, Elvis 'Live at Madison square garden' which was on repeat in the van and I started to listen and the way only music can it infected me and I am still grateful to Steve 30 years later.
R.I.P Elvis Aaron Presley, sadly missed but never forgotten. This is the real Elvis...

and he also made this possible...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back