Should Lampard be sacked if we lose to Leicester & RS

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No

Votes: 53 93.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah part of me wants to panic and get ferguson in for a bounce see us safe.

But that requires we lose the next one or two. I wanna take my mind off that and support Lampard on Saturday. I dono how ill feel if we lose the next two. But I'd like him to win on Saturday get us safe and surely he would be the best man to understand the swamp needs draining. For putting him through this.

Adversely they could put on a heroic display and beat United and get a few more results and it could make Frank think. 'I knew these lads can do it. We have a great side here'. Which will be devastating in the long term... I dono what to think.

Nah, he'll lash a load of them just to make money for transfers.

Swear down Ancelotti was going to do the same.

I don't see a lot of options other than hope that Lampard can figure it out in a hurry. At some point, we need some continuity in the manager's chair. I don't necessarily think Lampard is the guy (and didn't), but as the fixture count decreases sacking him becomes more and more nutty. If we're going to make a move, we had better do it fast. We're running out of time to appoint anyone other than Big Dunc as a replacement, and I don't think many on here believe he's the guy either.

The other thought is that switching over to a manager with a defensive setup is unlikely to keep us up at this point. Someone at the foot of the table will probably post some unlikely Ws, and that team is the one that survives the dogfight. This means we have to find the net in every winnable game, as draws no longer put enough points on the board. If you're arguing for someone like Allardyce or Nuno that will usher in a defense-first approach, that appointment needed to happen at the time Lampard was appointed. A draw against Burnley and another draw or two along the way change our present situation dramatically.

In any event, the problem is at the top. Think the problem is the players? Ownership appointed the people that bought them. Think the problem is the managers? Ownership appointed them. I would argue that the last two manager appointments were both questionable at the time when they were made, and that the two years where we spent close to 300 million pounds to get a total return of Pickford are why we are here. Out of 17/18 and 19/20, we brought in 12 players on meaningful fees. We flipped one (Vlasic), only two of the others much play (Keane and Iwobi), and they are generally loathed. If we had brought in 11 credible Prem-level replacement players and Pickford, we would be comfortably mid-table if not scrapping for Europa.

I would hope nothing would happen to Lampard but only a fool would try and second guess this crackpot owner. It would be quite curious if Moshiri is suddenly jolted into action given that he has been conspicuous by his absence all season, completely allowing the season to drift once it was clear that Benitez was a dead man walking.

If the unthinkable happens, I hope Lampard is given the chance to bring us back. He is experienced in the Championship rat run after all.

Obviously, it would be nice if we avoid that catastrophe altogether.

We took 4 points from Benitez's last 9 games, 6 from Lampard's first nine.

They've both been crap/were crap.

Benitez is very much to blame for how bad we were. Not entirely to blame, and Lampard takes the blame for his own failings obviously. If we'd have sacked Benitez after the derby, which is the very latest we should have sacked him, we'd be absolutely fine.

And H Redknapp had f all to do with signing Dele. Everton had that deal lined up when Lampard came in. He okay'd it, that was it.
Do you think he ok'd it or he was just told that Alli was being signed and that was that?

Were in more debt than all those, we could go into administration if we go down
How? Surely next year accounts for this seasons will be less. And as long a we cover the drop in the sponsorship and tv money we should be fine. Wages will drop by at least 25mil I’d imagine.

Administration would only be an issue if we stay down a few years and struggle to sell players.

Newcastle spent 100mil the season they went down. As did Fulham

Do you think he ok'd it or he was just told that Alli was being signed and that was that?
He must have OK'd it in the sense that, at a minimum, he had to be aware of the deal and did not accept the job only on the condition that the deal not go forward. That's a form of tacit approval, but is also different from being the person that recruited the player.

How? Surely next year accounts for this seasons will be less. And as long a we cover the drop in the sponsorship and tv money we should be fine. Wages will drop by at least 25mil I’d imagine.

Administration would only be an issue if we stay down a few years and struggle to sell players.

Newcastle spent 100mil the season they went down. As did Fulham
Newcastle and Fulham weren't in the financial trouble were in before going down, were more comparable to Leeds when they went down

Newcastle and Fulham weren't in the financial trouble were in before going down, were more comparable to Leeds when they went down
Still didn’t answer how we go into administration.

I’d say it’s nothing like Leeds, for a kick off there was no ffp or profit and sustainability rules around 20yrs ago, so Leeds must have been in a hell of a hole.

If there was no ffp now, the accounts last week, wouldn’t have been a big story, stop believing journalists scaremongering. And listen to journalists who have the club at heart, who will tell we’re actually under the threshold.

Still didn’t answer how we go into administration.

I’d say it’s nothing like Leeds, for a kick off there was no ffp or profit and sustainability rules around 20yrs ago, so Leeds must have been in a hell of a hole.

If there was no ffp now, the accounts last week, wouldn’t have been a big story, stop believing journalists scaremongering. And listen to journalists who have the club at heart, who will tell we’re actually under the threshold.
The way we go into administration is if Moshiri chooses to pull the rug out. If you look at the accounts, it really is that simple.

The question is if/when he will decide to quit throwing good money after bad.

The way we go into administration is if Moshiri chooses to pull the rug out. If you look at the accounts, it really is that simple.

The question is if/when he will decide to quit throwing good money after bad.
Won’t pull the plug with the ground the way it is also you can get another buyer. Look at Chelsea. Apparently they wouldn’t be able to pay players and staff and wouldn’t be able to sell tickets.

But still going and selling tickets as the premier league have given them time to get a buyer, surely that would be the same With us or any other club

Status
Not open for further replies.