What is a "midfield general" - and who fits the bill?

• Thread starter Thread starter BlackToffee
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BlackToffee

I'ver heard this term so many times no, it's well, common. We need a midfield general. But what heck is a "midfield general" and who in your mind currently fits that bill.

This is just to get an idea of what we are really talking about. If someone said a "Makelele" type player, I think we'd have an idea of what we were talking about. I wonder how mch such a player would cost us?

Just some random thoughts.

Gattuso, obviously not for us but that type of player.

People who get stuck in and dont go missing.

A player who will rally players around him and is capable of grabbing a game by the scruff of the neck.

Keano. Paul Scholes. Pirlo.
I'd be tempted to throw in Paul Ince in his Man U days but I won't :D

the RS skipper, keane, veira, gattuso..theyre hard to come by, couldnt really think of anyone on the market who would fit the bill as theyre often nurtured and love the club

i could only maybe think of lucho at the moment in that mould who maybe available at a price

I can see where this thread is going. Obviously not Manny then?

Manny could be a great general. his form last season shows he does have the makings to be one, if he had the attitude of Phil Neville he'd be the ideal midfield general.

But he doesn't.

i would go for stephen appiah or lucho gonzalez...manny has the ability but not the temperament

Manny is far too lazy, can't get the respect of the fans so stands no chance with the players, lets forget about him, he is old news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back