What is the problem with this team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milkman

Player Valuation: £35m
Inappropriate Language
Ok, I know that they're a bunch of lightweight sh*thouses with barely a sprint between them. I know we've got one of the worst centre back pairings in recent memory and I know that last summer saw us burn through money of some absolute disasters.

We know the obvious reasons but what is it that turns £300m worth of players in 11 crabs in possession? What is the reason for the lack of movement? I'm genuinely interested to know what everyone thinks is the reason for our total inability to create chances in the past year?

They are not good and don’t seem to care as long as the check clears the bank.*

* okay, not true of all of them, but true of too many

They lack brains of any sort. No movement, no covering of team mates, no narrowing of angles, no simple pass and move, no taking a chance on a ball in the box.

Boring, static, turgid stuff played by utter lazy morons. It's like they need to be told exactly what to do at all times.

We have about 4 or 5 decent to good/important players, the rest of them can do one. Things will not change overnight.

A lot. A short list:

Schneiderlin doesn't break up attacks and does nothing to shield the backline
Defenders are way too slow
Keane has zero positional sense
Sandro works hard but has zero end product
Generally a lack of desire

This, but I'd like to add Baines to that pile of turd too. He plays like a wall that's at a 45º angle to our goal. Everything just bounces back towards Keane and the horrible cycle of possession begins again.

Status
Not open for further replies.