What is the "System" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite obvious you lot haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

The 'system' is a cross between the 'philosophy' and the 'project'.

Has always been dour and negative and a one trick pony..but since he had a word with a few of the guys on county road after the debacle of a semi final..he had a light bulb moment and decided be forever positive...hence his recent signings :)

As regards Playing in Europe, we generally brush aside the lesser teams , Larissa, Bate , AEK, and when we faced some of the better teams we battered Fiorentina at Goodison and were really unlucky against Villareal the year they reached the semi final, we have had a few set backs but when we played Benfica we were beset by injuries, it's too easy to criticise Moyes on his Euro record but we have had some good games which seem to be conveniently forgotten by his critics.

I think there is a definite system as pointed out in the OP, we have a player sitting and breaking up play (usually Gibson or Neville) and the four other midfielders working around the main frontman. I think we play a different system away from home; at Goodison, the pitch is very narrow and we see players like Pienaar and Osman playing very centrally and often cutting in from wide areas leaving Baines as our only attacking use of width. As I have said Goodison has a small pitch and I think I remember reading somewhere that it is one of the smallest pitches in the country, that's why away from home we use width more expansively, there is much more room to play and I think that a lot of the time our football away from Goodison is far better in an attacking sense than when we play at home.

I think there is a definite system as pointed out in the OP, we have a player sitting and breaking up play (usually Gibson or Neville) and the four other midfielders working around the main frontman. I think we play a different system away from home; at Goodison, the pitch is very narrow and we see players like Pienaar and Osman playing very centrally and often cutting in from wide areas leaving Baines as our only attacking use of width. As I have said Goodison has a small pitch and I think I remember reading somewhere that it is one of the smallest pitches in the country, that's why away from home we use width more expansively, there is much more room to play and I think that a lot of the time our football away from Goodison is far better in an attacking sense than when we play at home.

We played with 2 holding midfielders against united, and most of last season.

We played with 2 holding midfielders against united, and most of last season.

It's understandable to play like this against United, we suffocated their play and it worked. I think that we have one player who is always holding and as you say we can operate with two, but on many occasions the second CM has more of an attacking role and pushes forward when we need it.

It's called "GET BACK!! .... FFS..... GET BACK YOU TW@T".

That was until his card was marked by first City then Chelsea and ultimately Spurs, the ker-ching of the penny finally dropping could be heard across the mersey. Realising those clubs weren't interested put to bed the myth about Utd's interest and so the road to Damascus moment has finally arrived.

Now we play proper football ie attack in numbers defend in numbers - it's always been the best way and will never change.

Play like a pack of c*nts and then play quite well, close down the opposition well throughout unless a shot is on just outside the D in which case do yer f*cking worst.

There's a load of bollocks being spoken at present about 'systems' in the wake of Rodgers supposed 180 page dosier on his chosen 'style' of football.

Good managers adapt & vary their tactics, dependant on the players at their disposal at a point in time & the opposition that they are facing. The very best managers can make changes to the formation / style, during a game that have a consistent impact on the result.

BR is a one trick pony imo he has no 'plan b', as Moyes showed when we went their last season, he owned him tactically that afternoon & we waltzed to an easy 3 points.

There's a load of bollocks being spoken at present about 'systems' in the wake of Rodgers supposed 180 page dosier on his chosen 'style' of football.

Good managers adapt & vary their tactics, dependant on the players at their disposal at a point in time & the opposition that they are facing. The very best managers can make changes to the formation / style, during a game that have a consistent impact on the result.

BR is a one trick pony imo he has no 'plan b', as Moyes showed when we went their last season, he owned him tactically that afternoon & we waltzed to an easy 3 points.

Brendon does not think he need a plan b, do barc or spain need a plan b? cant see Allan, Gerrard, Lucas playing like barca or spain, but lets hope Moyes got Brendon football sussed.

Brendon does not think he need a plan b, do barc or spain need a plan b? cant see Allan, Gerrard, Lucas playing like barca or spain, but lets hope Moyes got Brendon football sussed.

Maybe the reason Barca were trophyless last season was because they had no plan b?

Sorry mate, but you are off-beam there. Goodison is a wide pitch, meeting in full the new regulatory width of 65 metres. The football authorities are trying to standardise at 105m x 65m. When football rules were first codified pitch dimensions were from 100 yards up to 150 yards in length, from 50 tto 100 in width. (So, technically, you could have played on a 100x100 square!)
Those that meet the new rules are Arse, Villa, Citteh, Manure, Barcodes, Swansea, West Brom, Wigan. Our pitch is a bit short at 100.48m but it's the full 68m wide. NB: Stoke is the narrowest, since Pulis reduced it to 64m, then Fulham, then QPR.

There's a new rule this season where all pitches have to be 105m by 68m unless the stadium isn't big enough in which case a different size has to be sanctioned.
www premierleague com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/handbooks/premier-league-handbook-2012-2013.pdf[/url]

Page 129 Rule K21-k23

Can't post links so join the dots

Sorry mate, but you are off-beam there. Goodison is a wide pitch, meeting in full the new regulatory width of 65 metres. The football authorities are trying to standardise at 105m x 65m. When football rules were first codified pitch dimensions were from 100 yards up to 150 yards in length, from 50 tto 100 in width. (So, technically, you could have played on a 100x100 square!)
Those that meet the new rules are Arse, Villa, Citteh, Manure, Barcodes, Swansea, West Brom, Wigan. Our pitch is a bit short at 100.48m but it's the full 68m wide. NB: Stoke is the narrowest, since Pulis reduced it to 64m, then Fulham, then QPR.

Well that's put me in my place.

Status
Not open for further replies.