Homepage Article What's in a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By and large i call all our managers and the vast majority of our players by their surnames. It denotes neither respect or the lack of it. If this feller gets us playing football that doesn't injure your soul and gets us into Europe or wins us a pot, then in my opinion he deserves as much respect as any other manager.

Why waste your life calling anyone names?Move on.Whoever is the manager is irrelevant. Everyone leaves in the end but we are always Evertonians.An excellent read though.

I don't know him (though his neighbours, friends of mine, tell me he and his wife are lovely people and his gesture towards The Hillsborough Fund shows the mark of the man). I didn't really have any reservations because he is a much better manager than many wanted to give him credit for.

And another thing. He obviously has great reserves of nerve to take this (often failing) job on. And not mind that we or fans of our biggest rivals might be offended. But heck no, most of the Red lot love him so much that they have said "he'll do alright", "you've got a good un" - none of the usual inter-club bitterness - well, of course, they are delighted with their lot right now. And we really must learn to accept him too because making him one of ours and not being bitter will show us in a much better light (and probably really annoy a lot of Kopites into the bargain).

So far so good eh, Rafael!

Status
Not open for further replies.