What's yer name, where ya from, what you on?

Worth mentioning that this is by Jamie Principle, not Frankie Knuckles.

There was another version released prior to this (forget the label) which as basically the same track but less housey - but same bassline, chords, vocals, keyboard solo etc. Jamie Principle had talked to Frankie Knuckles about making a version that was more house, but then did it himself.

I've seen an interview with Frankie Knuckles where he said that he didn't even have a studio at this point, just a reel-to-reel tape machine that he used for editing disco tracks, and a drum machine given to him by Derrick May, and also that it was 100% Jamie Principles track.

I think the original release just says "Frankie Knuckles presents....."

I remember a night in The Paradox in Aintree when everyone was just sniffing bottles and no one really knew what was in them !
Probs just moody Rush or something, but the fact no one was arsed is dead weird now in hindsight.
I'd only been working there 3 nights and they had to sack a glass collector for nicking a bottle of Obsession after shave from my office lol

@magicjuan as you know your onions clearly.
Late 90’s.
Spain and Portugal clubs were banging out a tune that had the line ‘X rated Lover’ in it.
I could sing it now, but I’ve never found it.
Any idea ?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back