What's yer name, where ya from, what you on?

Never come across this before....

@magicjuan ?

Never got released, supposed to be a fragile release but never happened. As is coming out more and more. May was ripping people off left right and centre (so too was Atkins ?) so there's a fair bit of stuff that never made it out.
There's a documentary released soon ' god said give them drum machines' iirc about the Belleville 3 myth that's grabbing a lot of attention (on top of May's sex pest stuff') and apparently the whole Detroit thing is going to go up ?

Never got released, supposed to be a fragile release but never happened. As is coming out more and more. May was ripping people off left right and centre (so too was Atkins ?) so there's a fair bit of stuff that never made it out.
There's a documentary released soon ' god said give them drum machines' iirc about the Belleville 3 myth that's grabbing a lot of attention (on top of May's sex pest stuff') and apparently the whole Detroit thing is going to go up ?
This one by the sounds of it:

Sounds interesting, I'll keep an eye out for that. ;)

my favourite three 12" from a stupidly massive collection, all from that golden late-90's era:

hard as nails psychedelic techno:

insane proto-forest goa...that climax is ridiculous:

proper techno...still the greatest in my book. this youtuber-comment says it nicely: "4:05 onwards it's time to check your graveyards."

Forest-Psy is the king of underground dance these days:

arguably Forest's greatest track, by inarguably the masters of the art:

This sub-genre is known for twisting basses:

This last one is a must on proper speakers...you get 2 minutes of an epic sci-fi speech over a chill hypnotic drive, then BANG! out comes the actual kick drum...incredible dance-march vibes:

psykovsky is known for pretty niche out-there tunes but he has one big hit: this evocative hypnotic dreamy number has almost 3m views and over a thousand comments...unheard of normally for these kinds of subgenres...many of the comments reveal genuinely transcendental experiences with this track. Worth a link:

Old skool rave chewns, golden age, 87 to say.... ooh.... '95.
uuups, i been doing it wrong.

my top 5 from that era...tho' barely as these are 94-95:

driving yet minimal acid-techno...simple but so effective:

filthy...filthy hypnotic techno:

The Prodigy's greatest 15 minutes...needs to be uploaded as one, really:

Goa was kicking off around this time...Juno Reactor, one of my favourite bands, were pioneers...check out that outrageous lead synth after 5:45:

little-known Goa track, never got a vinyl release, but utterly transfixed the dancefloor everytime, especially when that tribute-to-rave vocal comes in at 3:25 and just drives the trance home...comes in again later...total ecstasy...you can just picture the hypnotised sweaty gurns all over the shop in their own little worlds, yet still as one with each other:

hasbulla-hasbik.gif

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back