When can we start to panic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bad run a Xmas say draw to Stoke followed by defeat to Newcastle and Hull.

If this happens then the fans will turn against Martinez for sure. Truly dreadful results.

The thing is it was not just poor defending. This was just #^*_ing disgraceful to lose 3-0 to the mighty Soton.

wow when expectations rise,everyone jumping on bobbys back after bad results,still a whole half of season to play.get a grip of ya f'kn selves, COYB

If you're panicking at any point this season- Like legitimately panicking- like panic panic- then you must just take a seat, drink some sugar-water, breathe deep and relax.
Be angry with bad performances, terrible form, but panic? hush now.

If you're panicking at any point this season- Like legitimately panicking- like panic panic- then you must just take a seat, drink some sugar-water, breathe deep and relax.
Be angry with bad performances, terrible form, but panic? hush now.
Bit facetious this. No-one is talking 'head between the knees, breathing into a paper bag' panic. We're talking about at what point do we get genuinely concerned about the direction this season is taking.

It was a long time ago now, but my memory of the 1994 season was one of 'yep, we're doing pretty badly but we'll figure it out and get out of this mess', until sure enough, with a couple of games to go, we're right down there still and the realisation that we might go down finally sets in. In fact, it was probably only at 2-0 that many genuinely tuned in and thought 'Christ, we're gonna get relegated!'.

Therefore we do not want to sleepwalk into a situation remotely resembling that. That is the 'panic' being referred to here. Things are on the slide, and it doesn't look good, and they don't seem to be being addressed by RM. We have plenty of tough games coming up in the next 3 weeks. Results, and performances, need to pick up, fast.

“It is a worry in terms of the results but not in terms of the performances,” said Martinez.

:dance:
He is an idiot, last time I checked the Idea of football was to score more than you concede, you will only score if you create chances which we haven't and you will only score more than you concede if you are not conceding a stupid amount of goals.

I would love him to say 'but we have been winning the passing' so the pressure on him can be cranked up.

Bit facetious this. No-one is talking 'head between the knees, breathing into a paper bag' panic. We're talking about at what point do we get genuinely concerned about the direction this season is taking.

It was a long time ago now, but my memory of the 1994 season was one of 'yep, we're doing pretty badly but we'll figure it out and get out of this mess', until sure enough, with a couple of games to go, we're right down there still and the realisation that we might go down finally sets in. In fact, it was probably only at 2-0 that many genuinely tuned in and thought 'Christ, we're gonna get relegated!'.

Therefore we do not want to sleepwalk into a situation remotely resembling that. That is the 'panic' being referred to here. Things are on the slide, and it doesn't look good, and they don't seem to be being addressed by RM. We have plenty of tough games coming up in the next 3 weeks. Results, and performances, need to pick up, fast.

Sleepwalking is the word. I only hope Bill will act in time if Martinez continues to show no sign of waking up.

“It is a worry in terms of the results but not in terms of the performances,” said Martinez.

:dance:

His speech is unreal. He is slowly converting himself into a clown there. Why doesn't he admit our performances are not up to the standard so far and is looking to rectify our weakness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back