Which Everton games have left you feeling at rock bottom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToffeeDoug

Player Valuation: £35m
Ahead of going to tonight's game had me thinking how Upton Park has been a relatively successful hunting ground for us in recent seasons and then I remembered how incredibly low I felt after a league defeat there in early March 2002. It turned out to be the last league game with Walter Smith in charge, it was a midweek game and a dismal 1-0 defeat to a poor WHU team and a few days later we lost 3-0 at M'Boro in the Cup and that was it for Smith. I walked away from Upton Park that night at rock bottom thinking that was it, we were bottom of the league, the players were a shambles and relegation seemed certain.

The worst game ever for me for that rock bottom despair of utter hopelessness and depression was losing 4-0 at Highbury, second last game of the 1997-98 season, leaving just the home game with Coventry game to come.

Dishonorable mentions as well for the 3-0 M'Boro loss mentioned above, the 0-3 loss to Tranmere, the 0-3 loss to Wigan and the 1-0 loss at Oxford Utd in April 1986 knowing it had virtually handed the title to Liverpool.

Last edited:
4-0 at West Brom in 2005 when someone ridiculous like Nathan Ellington scored a hat-trick. Think we went into Christmas in the bottom 3. Funnily enough, West Brom ended up finishing bottom by a considerable margin that season

Quite a few but that gerard hat trick derby still makes me feel sick, ive never seen such a pathetic attempt from our team, moyes sent us out already lubed up and ready for a bumming

Loads of derbies, the two seasons we just stayed up, and Villa at home a few years back who we murdered, finally equalised last minute, then Ashley Young stole t for them, was a proper sickener.

4-0 at West Brom in 2005 when someone ridiculous like Nathan Ellington scored a hat-trick. Think we went into Christmas in the bottom 3. Funnily enough, West Brom ended up finishing bottom by a considerable margin that season

I watched that game in a pub, and when the 4th goal went in I just got up, left my pint and stormed out leaving my partner behind spluttering in amazement and rapidly trying to finish her drink at catch me up!

Hull at home the other week was really bad. Wigan in the cup at home a few years back is up for special mention as well.

Loads of derbies, the two seasons we just stayed up, and Villa at home a few years back who we murdered, finally equalised last minute, then Ashley Young stole t for them, was a proper sickener.

In the time added on for booking Lescott for removing his shirt after the 'equaliser'!

Quite a few but that gerard hat trick derby still makes me feel sick, ive never seen such a pathetic attempt from our team, moyes sent us out already lubed up and ready for a bumming
Yes this one. Didnt soft arse make about 6 changes to a team that were on a 9 match unbeaten run?

I watched that game in a pub, and when the 4th goal went in I just got up, left my pint and stormed out leaving my partner behind spluttering in amazement and rapidly trying to finish her drink at catch me up!

I went to the pub for the 4-0 derby last season, surrounded by plastic part-time kopites. After the second went in I said to my mate "I'm going straight home if they get a third". Sure enough, about 30 seconds later I saw that ball hoofed over the defence and as soon as it landed at Sturridge's feet I just turned around and stormed off. Didn't even see the ball enter the back of the net, just had to wrestle my way through loads of gloating [Poor language removed] heads

The infamous "Glen Keeley" derby 0.5 hammering Rush got 4.
The stick I got all night off my mates were " Did you Rush to get here? & Wots the time? 5 past Southall

Status
Not open for further replies.