Who do you want as next Everton manager?

Would we get boguht with a lower asking price?

• Yes

Votes: 64 84.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The man we need should have proven history with at least 2 clubs. He should have high league placings (in the top division) and have positive experience of the European knock-out stages. He should have demonstrated an ability to evolve his tactics which challenge, not react to, the opposition.

Sooooo, basically, not David Moyes. Seriously, why though? Moyes came from absolutely nowhere, there's good managers just waiting for a chance.

Sooooo, basically, not David Moyes. Seriously, why though? Moyes came from absolutely nowhere, there's good managers just waiting for a chance.

Like I said earlier it's best to leave out the Moyes discussion, otherwise we'll get side-tracked.

I don't agree that getting an unknown in will do us any good. We require someone with real pedigree. Our squad (thanks to Moyes) is actually pretty good, we just need a fresh new coaching team to realise its full potential.

Assuming this summer Moyes will leave...

We got plenty of interesting suggestions, so here they all are...choose our next manager! :stick:

I've left out unrealistic suggestions and the jokey ones.

Verily lots of Germans, by the way...even without Hitzfeld.

My vote: Mirko Slomka.

PS - let's leave out any discussion about Moyes and whether he should leave or not :whip: there's squillions of other threads for that. Let's just have this one to discuss potential future Everton managers.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Hand me that crack pipe quick!!!

Like I said earlier it's best to leave out the Moyes discussion, otherwise we'll get side-tracked.

I don't agree that getting an unknown in will do us any good. We require someone with real pedigree. Our squad (thanks to Moyes) is actually pretty good, we just need a fresh new coaching team to realise its full potential.

I'm not having a pop at Moyes, I'm just saying that if we applied that criteria when appointing a successor to Walter Smith, Moyes would not have been considered, and we could have went down.

Whilst I think Moyes should certainly go now, he was the ideal choice to steady the ship in those times. The criteria should simply be the best man for the job with the best vision on how to move the club forward.

Brendan Rogers is the early frontrunner...

I think the danger with picking these managers who have nothing in their CV other than a decent last 6 months is risky. It's also very lazy, as those picking him are not doing any research apart from reading somewhere that Swansea are playing nice football this season.

Would you have picked Alan Curbishley, Steve Coppell or Glen Roeder to manage Everton while they had their decent spells in the Premiership?

ps - Rogers had very mediocre spells at Watford and Reading...

The man we need should have proven history with at least 2 clubs. He should have high league placings (in the top division) and have positive experience of the European knock-out stages. He should have demonstrated an ability to evolve his tactics which challenge, not react to, the opposition.

Mirko Slomka

We dont have a history of employing proven top managers, the only one you could put in your category in the modern era is probably Walter Smith, and with all due respect, the scottish league is not on the same level as ours. Gordon Lee came from Newcastle with a decent pedigree and whilst having some decent highs, upset a lot of fans with his dourness (sound familiar).
Personally, if we had to make a short term appointment, I wouldn't look further than Peter Reid, he actually gets it, long term, a younger, hungrier and more outgoing and adventurous manager is what we should be looking for.

Whilst I think Moyes should certainly go now, he was the ideal choice to steady the ship in those times. The criteria should simply be the best man for the job with the best vision on how to move the club forward.

I agree with that. Just that in my opinion the best man for the job right now is one of the top-class managers from the continent.

Personally, if we had to make a short term appointment, I wouldn't look further than Peter Reid, he actually gets it, long term, a younger, hungrier and more outgoing and adventurous manager is what we should be looking for.

I like Peter Reid a lot, but I think he's too close to home. We'd all emotionally prefer a heroic ex-blue as the next man (see the inevitable votes for Dunc), but if we want to break into that top 4 and start playing regular European football, we have to get someone more...european.

Would be our first foreign manager too...

NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

I cry inside knowing Phil Neville is going to be the next manager.

2 points:

1 - What makes you think Moyes will go in the summer? if money was the issue, wouldn't he have gone 2 or 3 years ago?
2 - There is no point making a list, as any of the ones on the list that might be approached IF the job comes up might not be interested, or in jobs that we can't afford to buy them out of!

2 points:

1 - What makes you think Moyes will go in the summer? if money was the issue, wouldn't he have gone 2 or 3 years ago?
2 - There is no point making a list, as any of the ones on the list that might be approached IF the job comes up might not be interested, or in jobs that we can't afford to buy them out of!

You've spectacularly missed the point of the thread, matey.

Phil Neville is nailed on. Forget the rest.

This could well be right. But no-one has any idea of how PN might approach management. He could be the polar opposite of David Moyes, and attempt to put into practice his ideas from his experience gained at Utd. Don't think he should be judged by his abilities as a player who is nearing the end of his career.

This could well be right. But no-one has any idea of how PN might approach management. He could be the polar opposite of David Moyes, and attempt to put into practice his ideas from his experience gained at Utd. Don't think he should be judged by his abilities as a player who is nearing the end of his career.

his highlights indicate bad decision making skills

Status
Not open for further replies.