Who partners Tarks at CB for our trip to Burnley?

Who starts at CB with Tarks vs Burnley?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean Dyche will probably go with Michael Keane.

MKC2.jpg

I think we should not disrupt other positions/roles or formations for one game. We are finally just starting to excel in defined roles. We won't play a high line here and Keane is good in the air at least, put him in and hope for the best. Prioritize CB cover, at least a loan, in the January window.

Dyche will have seen Godfrey and Keane training and is in the best position to judge who's in the best frame of mind/fitness to play.

From my uniformed view, I'd play Keane not least because Tottenham would be unlikely to pay a decent fee in January for Godfrey if he has a stinker against Burnley. For the record, I was a big fan of Godfrey when he arrived and had high hopes for the lad but unfortunately he's been found very wanting. However, it's not impossible that Dyche is able to turn things around for Godfrey.

…..I’d have thought Keane but interesting that Dyche mentioned Godfrey’s excellent attitude in a post-match interview.

Regardless of what some posters think, Dyche will go with whoever he thinks best. Last time I saw Godfrey he looked a spent force, much will depend on whether he has his mojo back, I’d think Keane is most likely if fit.

Not sure if Burnley have pace in central areas, that might sway a decision.

Was Keane absent from the bench yesterday?

Unfortunately I think its Keane. People dont want to hear that, but Godfrey has had just as many mistakes as Keane. The upside to Godfrey is his speed, so in a game where we expect to have the majority of posession and the other team will counter hes the better option. But that wont be Burnley, who are obsessed with posession. Instead, I think Keanes better at just sitting in there and heading balls out, and its what he excelled at when he was with Burnley. Its when he has to move his legs that it becomes a problem...

What a colossus Branthwaite has been. He and Tarks have been nothing short of phenomenal this season.

With Jarrad picking up his fifth yellow card today, he misses the trip to Burnley on Saturday evening.

So who would you start to partner with Tarks?

Why, have we already shipped Branthwaite?

Dyche will have seen Godfrey and Keane training and is in the best position to judge who's in the best frame of mind/fitness to play.

From my uniformed view, I'd play Keane not least because Tottenham would be unlikely to pay a decent fee in January for Godfrey if he has a stinker against Burnley. For the record, I was a big fan of Godfrey when he arrived and had high hopes for the lad but unfortunately he's been found very wanting. However, it's not impossible that Dyche is able to turn things around for Godfrey.

I honestly thought Godfrey to Spurs was a wind up, they genuinely want him?! Reminds me of West Ham (when they were finishing 7th and reaching europa league SFs in 2022) supposedly wanting Keane that summer but nothing came of it in the end.

It will be Keane. Started the first two games, came on at the swamp and pretty much always on the bench. Has Godfrey even played a minute in the prem this season? Just something random Dyche wouldn't do starting him out of nowhere for what is still a very big game in the season.

Tbh I’d be interested to see if on pitch coaching by Tarks could help him with the positioning.

Perhaps I’ve missed it but not sure he’s ever played as a CB in a four with him under Dyche?

I don’t have much faith in Keane for either regular 3rd choice CB or any sale-ability so if we aren’t changing our formation to accommodate Jarrad’s absence think might at least find out something playing Ben.
He could also do something different and play Myko there and play young at left back

I know Myko isn't a centre back, but being a better defender than Godfrey & Keane he might be a better option in that position.

Young at left back is fine as he'd always be playing anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.