Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again , a failure then. Surely success would have been promotion. Getting to the playoff finals , slightly disappointing. Then losing there , an absolute failure.
I couldn't give a toss mate. My point was Just because someone is good in the championship doesn't mean they are a great prem manager.

Two opinions on the new manger that previous experience has showed us get it wrong:
A) Everton board
B) Bedsheet and Wall graffiti artists

We need a third way to pick the new manager. Any who has trust in the board doing due diligence is smoking rope.
Let’s go for putting the main candidates on Michael Macintyres wheel and see who it lands on

Yeah the type of manager we cant afford to gamble on in our current position.

We need experience.
We need what we've always needed: someone who gets more than the sum of the parts from a group of players.

I don't give a flying one of they've got premier League experience or not. I don't care if they've never won anything. I don't even really care if they have a reputation for full football at this stage.
Do they improve players? Do they improve the team's they work with? Of the 6 teams Favre has managed, 5 of them had their best ever season under him. Gasperini transformed Atalanta. Neither of them working at clubs with loads of clout (ironically, Favre's blot on the council was Dortmund). We need that kind of guy: take a struggling team and turn them around. Corberan has shown he can do that at a lower level. Fair enough it's a risk, but there are no appointments that are risk-free. I'm not sure Bielsa is a great fit personally, but it's possible he could have an impact. Dyche could install some guts in the team, which we seem to be sorely lacking.

The only reason inexperience is an issue for me is because it means there's probably not enough evidence on which to judge their track record.

No one can argue with the job he done he'd have stabilised us even more if he'd have got another season.
Do you remember going a while month without a shot on target? Do you remember being 19th or 20th on every positive footballing measure except grinding out turgid points here and there? Do you remember Sammy Lee's smacked arse of a face gurning on the touchline while gravy chops looked smugly on at the utter turd we played week after week?

Dont mind a range of managers dyche bielsa todesco Corberan ect is good to get different ideas and interview to see if its good fit. Dont want the club to just rush it atleast talk to the rest to get w clear choice

I couldn't give a toss mate. My point was Just because someone is good in the championship doesn't mean they are a great prem manager.
It's a fair point to make. However, if they weren't great in the Championship, it's pretty certain they're not going to be great in the higher division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back