Who was captain when you went to your first match?

Who was captain when you went to your first match?

• Seamus Coleman

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Phil Jagielka

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Phil Neville

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Weir/Stubbs/Ferguson, I’ve mentally blanked out this era

Votes: 28 12.0%
  • Don Hutchinson

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Dave Watson

Votes: 51 21.8%
  • Kevin Ratcliffe

Votes: 49 20.9%
  • Mark Higgins

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Mike Lyons

Votes: 28 12.0%
  • Anyone older is clearly just Joey66 or Methusalah, so please select and state name

Votes: 53 22.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha, no! After his time. John Bailey at left-back that day (could’ve been his debut), and in midfield someone who’s a prime candidate for one of those threads about players you’d forgotten had turned out for Everton, Colin Todd.
I remember watching Todd play for Everton. He was a Rolls Royce of a player. Always wished we’d bought him in his prime. I also remember seeing Pejic play for us. Both around the same time. Latchford, Thomas, Ross, King, Dobson. Can’t believe that team didn’t win a trophy.

Everton v Villa, second replay of the league cup final at Old Trafford.

Managed to get a ticket from my uncle who sponsored Everton at the time.

We got beat 3-2, I remember one of their defenders scoring an absolute cracker and Brian Little dancing around David Lawson to score.

ah well !

Tommy Jones in 1959. Think it was his first season as captain. Not a great team but still great experience for a 10 year old!!

I remember watching Todd play for Everton. He was a Rolls Royce of a player. Always wished we’d bought him in his prime. I also remember seeing Pejic play for us. Both around the same time. Latchford, Thomas, Ross, King, Dobson. Can’t believe that team didn’t win a trophy.
Todd was fantastic,the best sweeper in the old first division.......so we played him at right back!!

Yep, that team was incredible, and incredibly unlucky. Going toe-to-toe with the [Poor language removed] on a level, Clive Thomas, that Villa final. I tell my lads they’ve got it easy!

Ratters for me 1-1 with Sheff wed - the game where marwood took out inchy and then Reidy nailed - best bit of retribution I’ve ever seen on a footy pitch

Sunderland. I think Labone was captain. Ball and Morrisey the goal scorers in a 2 0 win. Ball was amazing. Colin Todd was in the Sunderland team. As said previously, he was a fantastic player. Even as a nine year old boy I could see what good footballers Ball and Todd were.!

Asked me dad tonight.

26th Jan 1980
Beat Wigan in the Cup 3-0.
Mick Lyons.

Then he says “you don’t remember Mick phoning up and speaking to you on the phone I take it !?”

FFS.

Kevin Ratcliffe - charity shield in 1985 at Wembley. Bought my Everton kit and scalpers tickets outside the ground. My girlfriend was MU but luckily we were at the Everton end and she was ok because we’re all gentlemen. Win to Everton 2-0. Think Kevin Sheedy got one.

Dave Watson, first game I went to was a 1-1 draw in the league cup vs York City.

I was 10, so I don't remember if Watson played and captained the team that day though.

Danny Cadamtri scored our goal.

First watch, Don't even remember it to be honest, was Everton 0 Charlton 3

Can't seem to find who was captain but i'd Guess Unsworth or Wier?
I hunted down the line up that day, just wanted to see, it was back when the only way I could keep up with Everton scores at the time was watching Teletext scores.update haha.

Your right, looking at that line up likely Weir was captain
Screenshot_20210122-033418.png

Status
Not open for further replies.