Who would you keep? Lukaku, Deulofeu, Baines...

Option 1? 2? Or 3?

• Option 1.

Votes: 59 77.6%
  • Option 2.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • Option 3.

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCount

Player Valuation: £10m
Before the last few weeks I would have chosen to keep Lukaku at a higher high cost, now I am not so sure what I would go with. Curious to know what people think of these theoretical scenarios....

Assumptions.
£10m Transfer Budget
Lukaku and Deulofeu go back to parent teams unless they are purchased.
Lukaku is available for £25m.
Deulofeu is available for £15m with £30m buy back clause for Barca.
If Baines is sold he goes for £20m to Chelsea after bidding war with United.

Option 1. Sell Baines and spend £25m on Lukaku with £5m remaining to spend.

Option 2. Keep Baines, buy Deulofeu for 15m, make up extra £5m from selling Jelavic etc.

Option 3. Sell Baines, buy Deulofeu for £15m and have £15m to find a new centre forward.

Last edited:

The "gameplan" should be to add some real quality in Jan, im struggling to think where, cos if im honest everywhere I look I see quality, if I was pushed I would look for a CM, somebody a bit different to Barry and McCarthy, somebody like an Arteta 08, somebody that takes the piss with the ball and scores superfootgoals.

We get Jan right, we get a bit of luck, we finish 3rd, we have lots of moneys yo.

Lukaku transfer = £25m
Lukaku wages = 100k

The bottom line is why we still have BK in charge we will never have players of Lukaku's calibre on permanent contracts.

The "gameplan" should be to add some real quality in Jan, im struggling to think where, cos if im honest everywhere I look I see quality, if I was pushed I would look for a CM, somebody a bit different to Barry and McCarthy, somebody like an Arteta 08, somebody that takes the piss with the ball and scores superfootgoals.

We get Jan right, we get a bit of luck, we finish 3rd, we have lots of moneys yo.

Summer strengthening is important

New CB (if Heitinga leaves)
New RM and LM
New CF (priority)

Sign Barry on a permanent deal.

It's just theoretical Mick. With the already reduced wages + Heitinga gone, should be possible to accommodate him.

Summer strengthening is important

New CB (if Heitinga leaves)
New RM and LM
New CF (priority)

Sign Barry on a permanent deal.

We dont need a CB, even if Heitinga leaves, we certainly dont need 2 new wingers.

We "need" a CM and a Striker, we have VERY little depth in those postions.

Fair enough Goat, I see what you are saying. My heart says no, but my head says if we got offered silly money for Baines we should take it. Then invest in a young star like Lukaku or Deulofeu.

Status
Not open for further replies.