Who would you play Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I can’t see any of the new players starting. Baines did more than enough to keep his place, and I suspect Holgate will accompany Keane at CB.

Digne will certainly be on the bench and there might be a seat there for Zouma as well.

If any of our pacey players were available ( Lookman, Bernard) I'd ditch siggy and bamboozle them with Walcott, Richarlison and AN Other running at them with the hope that Tosun might benefit from having runners all around him

If any of our pacey players were available ( Lookman, Bernard) I'd ditch siggy and bamboozle them with Walcott, Richarlison and AN Other running at them with the hope that Tosun might benefit from having runners all around him

I'd have Lookman in if the plan was to bombard them with pace early on, yeh.

Be happy with that and having Gylfi to bring on, definitely.

Would also mean that the Gueye-Schneiderlin axis of tosh wouldn't matter as we'd have three players ahead of them all just able to interchange.

How would Zouma play with 3-4 days training?

It's going to be Holgate and Keane. Bernard could be on the bench, would love to see Digne get a chance, but he pushed Baines to do well last week, might wait another week or so.
Tbf he's used to the league, had no world cup and been training with Chelsea so he should be alright imo.

People calling for 2 DM's, god sake we are at home to Southampton, 2 DM's against poorer teams is the exact attitude that would have had us getting a draw last season, punt Schneirdlin and stick in Bernard.

Pickford
Coleman (C) Zouma Keane Baines
Gana
Walcott Bernard Richarlison
Gilfi
Tuson

People calling for 2 DM's, god sake we are at home to Southampton, 2 DM's against poorer teams is the exact attitude that would have had us getting a draw last season, punt Schneirdlin and stick in Bernard.

Pickford
Coleman (C) Zouma Keane Baines
Gana
Walcott Bernard Richarlison
Gilfi
Tuson
Would love this, tbh

I'd have Lookman in if the plan was to bombard them with pace early on, yeh.

Be happy with that and having Gylfi to bring on, definitely.

Would also mean that the Gueye-Schneiderlin axis of tosh wouldn't matter as we'd have three players ahead of them all just able to interchange.

Lookman wont be playing, he's not working hard enough in training. Walcott is quicker and more experienced and actually tracks back.

I think possibly the same team with Zouma/Holgate in place of Jags. If he classes Holgate as 100% fit and Holgates niggle is well and truly recovered then Holgate with Zouma on the bench. The question is whether Silva prefers Baines or Digne at this moment. Don't think we will see Mina or Bernard just yet maybe League Cup matches to shake the rust off.

Think he’ll keep Keane in with one of Mina/Zouma alongside hi. based on what he sees this week. Not saying that’s the long term answer either.

New players still bedding in and in Mina’s case, no preseason at all. I may be wrong on this call for the weekend but we have to get a centre back pairing that develops a solid and cohesive partnership. Been too many years since we’ve actually had that. We’ve got options at last, key is to find the right one I suppose!

Agree on Bernard, think it’ll be a few weeks before he starts and then finishes a game, Digne will need minutes but think after Saturday, more likely to be off the bench at the moment.
Hi :bye:

Status
Not open for further replies.