Who would you replace Lampard with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see postacoglou getting the villa job. I know he coaches in Scotland etc etc but the turnaround in football terms he’s achieved at Celtic is massive. I’d love to see him at our club at some stage in the future. At least with him at the helm you’d be guaranteed good football where the emphasis is on attacking football.
Its easy to attack when you’re one of only two teams capable of a level of football above that of the English first division. Postacoglu in the Premier League would be a massive gamble.
Hopefully, Frank is here to stay.

As a board there should be targets at set milestones i.e. give him till till the world cup to get to x amount of points, I`m sure we all have these targets or KPI`s in our jobs. He defo shouldn`t be getting a free ride being the 3rd worst performer for Everton in the Premier League era... IMO he doesnt help himself by the constant change in formation, that doesn`t help with consistency.

Like I`ve said before he is everything you want as a manager but he just doesn`t get enough results, I`m not sure I can see him turning it around or capable of turning it around or surely he would have done that by now.

If you want to blame the players the majority of them are now his, the ones remaining are obviously the ones he wanted to keep, i.e. Gordon.

IF Frank cant turn it around there is plenty on the market, we just need the best man possible, if Thelwell has anything about him he would have a profile and other managers in mind. I`d be surprised if there wasn`t discussions about this behind the scenes, well any well run club would be...

Out of work at the moment.......
Marcelo Gallardo
Joachim Low
Mauricio Pochettino
Thomas Tuchel
Zinedine Zidane
Marcelo Bielsa
Paulo Sousa
Sean Dyche
Sam Allardyce ?
Cluade Puel
Quique Setien
Andre Villas-Boas
Jorge Sampaoli
Nuno Espirito Santo

Others
Roberto Martinez - Belgium
Gareth Southgate - England ?
Roberto Mancini - Italy
Christophe Galtier under pressure at PSG
If they’re all so good, why are they all out of a job?

Give Frank time to build a team. He’s improved the back and midfield, he obviously wants to improve our attacking options by his comments after games.
Ever since Moyes we have failed to trust in a manager and give him I would guess three years to create a team that he wants.
For me Frank is the one I’m willing to put my faith in and go with the ups and downs and see we’re we get ?

I'm not for moving and - to be fair to Frank - we're organised and half-decent. But, this being Everton, there's always a crisis just around the corner. With a more organised side and some willing players now on board we're a stronger unit. If the inevitable divorce came along then the likes of Thomas Frank, Eddie Howe (too late!), Marco Silva (too early back then, too late now) and other bright younger managers would be better than the old guard that let us down in recent times (that's you Fat Sam, Koeman, Carlo (who was always going to be seduced away once a bigger, better team, remembered his number).

I note, with a mixture of resignation and de ja vu, that the annual October agitation for a new manager appears to be starting in the Lampard thread.

So, for all those dissatisfied with Lampard, who would you bring in to replace him?

Floor is yours...
It's just one Liverpool supporter agitating for a change.

The rest of us Everton supporters are absolutely good with Frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.