Who's Going the West Ham game tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

broders

Player Valuation: £750k
Recently moved down to london so thought I'd impulse buy an away ticket for tonight's game. Anyone else making the trip?

Otherwise, any suggestions on a decent pre-match away fan boozer? Never been to Upton Park and not that aware of the area.

See you there lids. I'll be the one with the godawful hipster beard getting goosed on me bill. Up the toffees.

I'll be there.

Not so many obvious pubs near the ground (apart from the main WHU Boleyn pub on the corner), but there are some if you walk 10 mins down the Barking Rd towards Barking (so you will be walking away from the ground with UP over your left shoulder).

I'm going to the game tonight and I live in London too. Was hoping to find a boozer near the ground for a few jars before the game

I cant make the game due to work. Anyone who is going please please please make your voices heard and back the lads. The last two games have showed we are up for the fight to turn this slump in form around, the lads need the fans to have their backs, could turn our season around.

I had some bad memories of Upton Park, went twice in 63, first time Johnny 'Budgie' Byrne scored late to knock us out in the 3rd Round, got a free ticket before the next game from Royston and Brian Harris outside players entrance, we won that one 2-1 I think and the league the same season. Went again late 70s, our fans in small groups got kicked from start to finish, we drew 1-1 Dobbo scored, as we left the ground the West Ham fans threw broken glass at us. In the 1980 Semi at Elland Road after the match two Everton supporters where kicking a West Ham fan on the floor, I helped pulling our supporters off him, as he ran away, he looked right at me and called me a [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed]. Many a time I've wished.......

I'm based daan saaf and I went last year. The area is a bit of a bin like. Can't afford the ticket + travel at the moment though.

I had some bad memories of Upton Park, went twice in 63, first time Johnny 'Budgie' Byrne scored late to knock us out in the 3rd Round, got a free ticket before the next game from Royston and Brian Harris outside players entrance, we won that one 2-1 I think and the league the same season. Went again late 70s, our fans in small groups got kicked from start to finish, we drew 1-1 Dobbo scored, as we left the ground the West Ham fans threw broken glass at us. In the 1980 Semi at Elland Road after the match two Everton supporters where kicking a West Ham fan on the floor, I helped pulling our supporters off him, as he ran away, he looked right at me and called me a [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed]. Many a time I've wished.......

Not very nice of the guy, suppose you were never going to get a box of chocolates for your efforts.

Apparently there's a couple of pubs on Barking Road - a Spoons called Millers Well and a pub called Denmark Hill. Any blues fancy a few?

Status
Not open for further replies.